1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1990 Kawasaki ZXR250R

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Showtime71, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

This is a rare ZXR250R inline 4 cylinder. Sounds just like a 600 but only 249cc.
    This is an absolute blast to ride! I won a few endurance championships with it in Japan and imported it over here when I moved back to the USA. The motor was rebuilt last year and has only done 3 track days since. Essentially it has approximately 90 miles since its rebuild. It was just tuned up and is running great. Tuned up due to the fact I had not been riding it at all. Work has gotten to busy and then life played a cruel joke and transferred me to the North East. I feel terrible this weapon sits in my garage and is not collecting hardware and smiles. Was just dynoed at 40Hp at the wheel when the tuning was done. This bike is all stock motor with a Sato full exhaust system from Japan. Sato revalved rear shock from a RGV250, revalved front shocks, all set up for a 175lb rider. I have some racing spares for it. Extra clip ons, rear sets, brake lines, levers, CDI boxes, stater, sprockets, case covers, master cylinder, and other odds and ends.
    Really this bike is so awesome to run in the 250 class and you'll be the only one who sounds like a big bike instead of that twin noise. This bike handles awesome and its ready to win.
    I have a bill of sale with all the legal import paperwork for proof of origin. (it cost over $2000 just to bring it here)
    Bike is currently located in Rhode island. We can negotiate shipping anywhere in the USA.

Only asking $3000.

ninefive one threenineseven nine zero 17

Attached Files:

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Philkinson

Philkinson Well-Known Member

Whoaaa, super cool bike. Ever race it at Loudon?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

Well great, now I have a boner at work again lol. that thing is amazing good luck with the sale. I live in RI if you even want me to take it out to "stretch" is legs please let me know lol

4. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

I have not ridden this bike anywhere on the east coast yet. Except up and down the hwy... :)

5. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

Do you ride often? I also live in Rhode Island and don't know any tracks in the area. Please let me know any and all track that are around. GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Philkinson likes this.
  6. mgiossi

Well closest track for track days is Thompson CT. Great new track and my personal favorite. For racing there is only nhms in loudon NH. I race there because it's all we have but it's an old track and not in the best condition. Then there is new York safety track, never been but people love it, track day only there and only through the track itself. Then there is Palmer track in Palmer MA only through Tony's track days. Another track that is only for track days. Then lastly a bit of a drive but there is NJMP in NJ it's a motoamerica track and is a proper race track and lots of fun for racing or a track day but it is a drive from us

Showtime71 and Philkinson like this.
  7. Philkinson

Philkinson Well-Known Member

Thompson speedway is awesome! Less than an hour from us in Rhode Island.
    If you want to race it at Loudon, let Mgiossi or me know and we can tell you what you need to know.

Same for at Thompson, we can get you set up with a track day organization at either track, or point you in the direction of racing it at NMHS.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

They've been repairing pavement, improving curbing, improving the facilities, generally just pouring money into the place pretty heavily the past few years. The rumors of a whole new road course 'soon' are still flying around but I'll believe that when I see it. There will be small bike racing at Cannan NH this year, run by Penguin FYI.

9. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

YES! I would love all the info to help get ready for the upcoming season. Thanks!

10. mgiossi

You want to come to any races or track days this season just let us know. Would love to see that thing out there

11. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

What 250 class and with what organization is the bike legal in?