1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lending and renting gear

Discussion in 'General' started by glenngsxr, Dec 13, 2016.

1. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

I've been involved with the MRA off and on for many years and a WERA lurker for quite awhile as well. I can remember how expensive racing is, especially when you are just starting out. For the past few years, I have been creating a peer to peer rental website where people can lend and rent anything to anyone. It's a great way to make money on things you own and save money on things you need. We've been live for about nine months now and launched a brand new version last week. I've got extra gloves, boots, stands, tools, warmers, transponders, etc. I am sure most of you have extra stuff that you don't want to necessarily sell, but don't always use. Great way to make money off stuff you already own, plus there is something gratifying about helping another racer in need, too. We have a security deposit system so you get made whole in the case of theft or damage. You set the amount. I am adding a shipping module in the coming weeks as well.

I'd be happy to answer any questions, but I think it could be a great tool for lots of people. Enjoy the winter months!

https://www.lendmeyourgear.com/

Glenn Carlson

Laz, Sabre699 and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I bought my first set of gear (leathers, boots and gloves) from California Superbike School off an add in RRW, before the internet. If I hadn't found them I probably wouldn't have raced.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You haven't already, I think that putting a copy of this thread in the new riders section would be helpful.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

cool idear! Gear uber! :D

5. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

Good idea! I just wanted to make sure to not be spammy. As a long time WERA follower, I know how easy it is to get flamed on here. :blart:

Turbo, you are exactly right. I want it to be the Uber of stuff.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Any loud generators

TurboBlew likes this.