1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gloves for bigass hands?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Focker, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Looking for some new gloves. I have Held Phantoms that need some repair, but they never fit as good as the old Teknic.

I used to wear a XXXL in Teknic and have a 12 in the Helds.

I measured my hands based on the gimoto guide from www.hustlehardracing.com

based on that guide, I measure 16.3cm for A and 25.5cm for B. The tough part about gloves I have is that my fingers are actually short, I just have big hands. For example, my index finger is only 8.5cm long measuring from the crotch between middle and index to the tip of the index.

Any other BMF have this problem?

I saw ridersdiscount has some alpinestars on sale, not sure if they will fit. Most local shops don't carry the big sizes so its hard to even try them on then buy local.

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I have the opposite problem, and I was able to find long finger gloves from Held. Perhaps they make short finger as well??? They didn't have them (long finger) listed but told me about them when I called.

3. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Z-Custom has made several pairs of custom gloves for me. At 6'5" / 250# everything is custom, or it don't fit.
    I have big hands & long fingers: the deer tracks work very well for me.
    They will add a second strap right where it goes from palm to wrist, to better retain them when it counts. Looking at the web site, it looks like this has become standard since I purchased my last pair.
    His custom sizing scheme is elegant: Draw an outline of your hand on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and fax it to him. The gloves are made to fit your hand. If your hands are different sizes, you can do both hands.
    They are a family operation, so you can also call and discuss your options.
    http://www.zcustom.com/products/gloves.htm

4. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Stay away from alpinestars... I only wore I think 2x in teknic and 3x gp-pro's still made my hands go numb in 3 laps in practice. Scorpion SG3 gloves are very roomy, atleast the old model is which you can still find on closeout.

Bypass likes this.
  5. helicopter99

helicopter99 Well-Known Member

I wear the same size gloves as you. I have tried a lot of different brands. Recently just got a pair of Spidi, Size 12. Nicest gloves I've tried yet.

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

The Held Phantom 2 had shorter fingers than the Phantom 1. IIRC, the sizing was a half size off. But I don't rem which way.

7. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with the RacerGloves....I wear an XXL and the same size in Dainese or Astars are too small.....

8. Bypass

Bypass Well-Known Member

+1 for scorpion gloves. I'm 6'6" 2xl hands with long fingers & I 've had multiple pairs of scorpion gloves with no complaints. I usually wear 3xl just to get the finger length I need. Scorpion 2xl's fit snug but not enough finger length for me so their 3xl might work perfect for OP