1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Todays question of the day....

Discussion in 'General' started by TrackStar, Oct 26, 2016.

1. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

"Kelly, I am in need of a boots, racing boots, with you experience, what brand and model will give me the most height advantage, or heel advantage, since I'm pretty short. Please suggest brand, model, and if you have them in stock, how much? I am going this route instead of lowering the bike"

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

14775263823330.jpg

Bruce likes this.
  3. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

Red wing logger/tech-air 2 sizes to big but wear 2 pair of socks

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Pimp...of The Year!

t11ravis likes this.
  7. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Leave to Peter to come up w a practical solution!

9. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Somebody had to do it!

John29 likes this.
  10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I'm going to forward him that link.

So background on this is he is a rather short guy who rides the street and insists on being able to flat foot at a stop. I lowered his last bike 2 inches (still couldnt flat foot) but told him how it would alter handling and he doesnt want to lower his R1 so instead wants platform boots. Thanks for the link Peter.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

My wife rolls in the Ladystars. Good boot.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Embrace your limited height and don't give into the man and his lies perpetrated to separate you from your cash!

13. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

I'm prob opening myself up to being made fun of ,but what the hell......

I'm a rather short guy and have never been able to flat foot a single sport bike I've owned.

There used to be a guy that did show repair near me. He's been out of business for 10 years or more but he was actually able to thicken the soles of a pair of AGVs for me and it helped tremendously. Think he added 1/2 inch or so.

The boots are long gone now and I've gotten use to handling bike as is , but that might be an option for this guy to look in to

14. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm 5'3" in my race boots if I'm lucky. Can't flat foot anything. On the starting grid I'm one legging it on my tippy toes and haven't had any problem whatsoever in all my years on the streets and track. Tell him to let his nuts drop and stop being a wussy! You're welcome to send him a link to this comment too. :D

Gorilla George and JBall like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So you're like a bite sized snickers? :D I've always wanted to do this. . . SHORTY!!! :D

16. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Hasn't slowed me down yet! What's your excuse? :moon::D

BigBird likes this.
  17. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Someone has to bake the cookies.

MikeR likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a bad question really, especially for a track bike where you don't want to change geometry too much.

However, there aren't any race boots that are tall.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I would think the additional sole thickness would create other issues related to shifter use.