1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has a Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Carrier?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr.fork, Dec 30, 2015.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I have the Discount Ramps HD Steel 600lb carrier. Build quality is great , bike rides on a HD Aluminum ramp . All else is steel . It comes with that previous posted anti tilt thingy . It also has an adjustable front tire loop that holds the bike in place so one person can load and strap down bike without doing a juggling act . No beefs about the carrier at all , bike is secure as Hell .
    However , with an R1 loaded on it and a dirty bike in the bed the rear does squat a bit .
    It only costs $ 237.+ at discount ramps

2. sowega

sowega #710

Somehow I missed this. . .

The Trailblazer is great because it's on a truck frame for towing and such, but also because the seats fold down for plenty of room when I'm splacking your sister's hams after a long day of whipping your ass on a racetrack.

XOXO

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

chock looks way better than what Versahaul offers. How adjustable is it? The Bike Grab I fitted to my Versahaul will hold the bike, securely, regardless if its strapped or not. Only other issue I would be concerned is the rear wheel hopping off the rail. Nothing a strap couldnt fix but prefer that as a secondary measure.

4. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

For vehicles running springs, even HD/cargo springs, an Airlift air bag setup works great and keeps the squat down.
    After doing quite a bit of towing with & without them, they definitely make a nice improvement. Especially on the wagons I have since the receiver sits so far back from the axles compared to a typical truck setup, which puts a bit more leverage on the springs.

I've never seen that hitch attachment that prevents rocking until the GNF when I saw Jamie's setup, and I definitely have to say go with that if you can. I haven't and they will rock a little without one.

5. sowega

sowega #710

Definitely. If I was going to keep the TB, I would get an airbag setup for the rear in a heartbeat. . .because taking @regularguy 's sister to pound town is hell on those struts.

SuddenBraking and Lazy Destroyer like this.
  6. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Made my own 17 years ago. It has three attachment points so there's zero teetering. I also run a tie down to the roof rack, keeps things nice and steady. I have a set of $50 air bags in the rear coil springs from JC Whitney, which keeps the van level.

Did I mention I hate trailers? :)

[​IMG]

7. Is that hitch legal?

JBall likes this.
  8. cannonballcobb

As in Clubman? Yes... :D

Has lights so I know it's at least safe... Only thing that could be an issue is not being able to completely see my van's tag, but have never been bothered by the cops about it.

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

It's adjustable to any size wheel ..21"-16" ( I'm kinda guessing) when you roll it on the ramp it work just like my Baxley's wheel chock , it holds the bike in place and you can take your time strapping the bike down .
    I went on the Versa what ever site and from just pictures this Discount ramp one looks to be a better unit and is a Hell of a lot cheaper

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

There is nothing more depressing than not even being able to pass Ned Bobb on the interstate in his mini-van. :D

11. cannonballcobb

My van has a cheater motor...

12. Venom51

I was unaware they made Eye-talian cams for a Previa.

13. cannonballcobb

Supercharged 4 cylinder from the factory... I'm serious

14. Venom51

I was even more unaware of that.

cannonballcobb likes this.