1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan "BEAT EDDIE KRAFT" Challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by JBall, Aug 17, 2016.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

After my last two prize offerings for races at Grattan, I was looking for an idea for the next event. Joe Kraft had asked me why I didn't offer something for big bikes (in jest I think, but be careful what you ask for).

So the prizes for the upcoming weekend are $5o for Beating Eddie Kraft in Formula 1 and $50 for A-Superbike. Anyone who Beats Eddie Kraft in each of those races is eligible, and if more than one person Beats Eddie Kraft, the winner for that race will be the person who came the farthest (as determined by Google maps) to Beat Eddie Kraft. If multiple people are eligible in multiple races, the prizes will be given to different racers.

This is not a bounty, and if Eddie wins, he will get the money.

To go along with this theme, the same prize will be offered in Clubman, where it will be the Beat Joe Ball race. $50 is also on the line for this, with the prize to go to whoever Beats Joe Ball in Clubman (and who came the farthest if more than one person is eligible).

These have always been intended to be North Central prizes, so this is for the Saturday races, and both novices and experts can win.

I want to emphasize that I have nothing but respect for Eddie (who is a Grattan Fast Guy :bow:), and this is just intended to be fun addition to the weekend. Smack talk is encouraged.:)

I am looking forward to watching the big bore races, and hope to see everyone there!

Total Purse: $15o
    A-Superbike: $50 (must beat Eddie Kraft)
    Formula 1: $50 (must beat Eddie Kraft)
    Clubman: $50 (must beat me!)

2. This is awesome. :crackup:

But if somebody wants to beat my man Eddie at Grattan, they had better bring their A-game. He can run a lap record pace around there.

cav115, ekraft84 and JBall like this.
  3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Somebody give Jigmoore a bike! Or who was that other dude who was like the Chuck Norris of Grattan? Brett something?

4. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Might have to come out of retirement!

ekraft84, helicopter99 and renegade17 like this.
  5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaam
    Oh and anyone got anything I can race in clubman ?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I have a few bikes laying around.... :cool:

Joe it's really cool what you're doing for the NC racers. I'm partial but the NC Wera crew is the best too. Jim, Anita, Nan, Rich, And You have been the faces of Wera at Grattan for over 20 years now.

And with you and Eddie as the targets this should be called the "Beat the Nice guys Challenge"

ekraft84, 5axis, JBall and 1 other person like this.
  7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Paging Corey West to the race track

ekraft84 likes this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Jball is the man. He puts his money up. Respect.

cav115 and JBall like this.
  9. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Lets make this interesting...

I always liked Eddie and Joe, So...

$50 to Eddies charity of choice if he wins either A Superbike or Formula 1. $100 on the line.

A-Superbike: $50
    Formula 1: $50

JJJerry and ceebus like this.
  10. JBall

One of my sponsors has come forward to help out. The prize in Clubman is now $100!

And a big thanks to Bill for the additional challenge to Eddie. I'm seeing some great races coming up at Grattan!

jt21 likes this.
  11. JBall

Thanks for the kind words Scotty, and I can't argue with this!

cav115 and cpettit like this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Let's keep it going....
    I don't personally know any of these guys but I liked Eddies Chasing Thousands column in RRW and his underdog effort so I'll give $50 to the AFF if he wins. Each race, so if he wins both $100.

ekraft84, JBall, bpro and 1 other person like this.
  13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Shots fired. Just when I thought I was making friends .. :D

Does someone have to beat me, or my bike Joe? Great idea, thanks. Not many charities better than the air fence fund.

Thanks Scotty. Putter - Brent Bennett will always be the Chuck Norris of Grattan.

V5 Racer likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just push hard on Eddie early on and wait for his hands to fall off. Yeah, he'll try and steer using his face and dick but you might have a few seconds to grab a lead.

flyboy likes this.
  15. helicopter99

helicopter99 Well-Known Member

Was he before or after, Fritz Kling?

G Dawg likes this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Oh, it's on now...

17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Brian Cavinder: 19`s.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If I lend Eddie an R3 to race clubman and beat both of you, can I collect double bounty??? Yes, I just went there.

JBall and ekraft84 like this.
  19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

He was after Fritz, before my time. Larry Denning and Jensen would certainly be on any list there. Brent just built a Chuck Norris following.

helicopter99 and G Dawg like this.
  20. No sandbagging with Taylor in your leathers.

JBall likes this.