I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Anyone have any input on the HK-VP9 ??

Interested to hear opinions.

2. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

it's my next purchase. every review I have read or seen, say it's perfect.

3. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Nice! You going to get the matching SilencerCo Osprey silencer?

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

you'll love it. I've had mine for a while and just ordered a Ghost-M to go with it finally. eventually an RMR after the dust settles on other purchases, but it's just a smooth shooting pistol. I'm a lefty so the ambi controls really make the pistol for me. Plus I just like the FN stuff. hard to go wrong with it. shoots very smooth for a 45 and nice to have 15 rounds on tap. having your cake and eating it too... :)

5. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Got one for christmas. Out of the 18 handguns I own, it is becoming my favorite range gun. It's a little big for me to daily carry but it is very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. 1700 rounds through it already and haven't had any hiccups. You will not be disappointed!

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

When I bought my last pistol, I narrowed down my list to the HK and the Sig P320. I went with the Sig and am so glad I did. You should consider it, it is the best factory handgun made under a grand. Yes, that's a big claim but just shoot one and you will see. Best striker fired trigger, accurate as hell, low recoil, kickass ergos, and it's modular design is bloody brilliant. The trigger group is what is serialized and it comes out in seconds. So you can buy frames for less than $50, and caliber kits around $300. You can have multiple guns in one if you want or very cheaply have multiple frames to fit the task at the time.

It's crazy that they have not marketed it better because it really is that good. Everyone that shoots it immediately goes out buys one. I know that you asked about the HK and this ain't that but I too was looking at the HK and want to get the word out that the P320 is a worthy adversary. Happy shopping!

Gorilla likes this.
  7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Congrats, that is hot!

8. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Eventually I will, for now I'm going to shoot it as is a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

It shoots so nice, it really fits my hand nice, the way the rmr and high sights cowitness is awesome. I'm going to shoot it a lot until I get really comfortable with the sights before putting an rmr on it. Already looking for rmr though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thank you both for this.
    I've already looked at / fired G19, Ruger American, Walther PPQ, and I still have the VP9 and now the P320 on the list in addition to a couple of others that my range has for rent, but haven't shot yet.

Criteria is Striker Fired 9mm with potential for carry.
    I've got size 11/12 in Held Gloves and XXL in AlpineStar, so bigger hands.

Anything else I need to put on the 'try it before you buy it" list?

11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

66-8.jpg Well, they didn't have the Vaquero in 4 5/8", .357, so I got a S&W Model 66-8.

Me gusta.

Attached Files:

• 66-8.jpg
      66-8.jpg
      File size:
      1,003.2 KB
      Views:
  12. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I ordered one of these today. HK-P2000-SK-3.jpg

HK P2000sk in 40 S&W. I have been wanting something conceal size that shoots bigger than 9mm, just to have another option. Here in CA, we are pretty limited. After doing a bit of research and handling different pistols, I decided to go with the P2000 sk with the LEM trigger option (DA only). Quality seems top notch, only thing that concerned me at all is the euro mag release. I'm hoping I will get used to that pretty quickly.

13. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

^^^Truth^^^ I have a compact 45 I carry and a full size 9mm I use for 3 gun. The 320s really are the tits.

14. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Not a handgun question but at least it's a handgun caliber.....

What's the hot setup for an AR in 9mm? I'd prefer one that uses glock mags. Not afraid to build my own. I've machined a couple of 80% lowers for 5.56 and even made a couple from billet, but the 9mm is a big ol question mark for me.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Have a brand new 9mm ar rifle on the wall for sale. Takes colt mags. They feed better in AR platform the Glock mags. I have one in full auto.

16. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Ooohhhh full auto........

What problems do the glock versions have feeding? I'm not stuck on glock but it would make using it in the PCC division at the local 3 gun easier since I use a G34 as my pistol and could use the same magazines.

I'm seeing prices all over the place for these things. If I were to build one what are some decent components to use? From what I gather from reading it isn't like a normal AR. Some times deferent components from diff manufacturers won't work.

What's the one you have and roughly what's the price?

17. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I thought I wanted a glock mag AR too. Then I did some research. Unless you have a large stash of 33rd glock mags, colt pattern mags are a good bit cheaper. AR9s are known to be finicky...when you build your own. Get a dedicated fully built gun. I got a CMMG MK9, and it's been flawless (colt pattern). ASC mags are $14 and run great.

18. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Go check out cross machine tool, they're coming out with a bufferless pistol AR platform. It looks pretty cool.

19. Quicktoy

If you want to do a dedicated sbr 9 then do a Roni. They're truly a great little conversion. On my full auto 17, I can hold sub 10" grouping at 10 yards on a 33 round mag dump. I'll get you some info on the 9 AR we have. Like he said, buy a dedicated one.

20. Quicktoy

Here's one of my employees shooting it for the first time. Look how steady she is.