1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Islam and the United States

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, May 3, 2015.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Simple ... They won't. It doesn't jibe with the narrative.

Or ... ^^^^^ see post above. :crackup:

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Likely.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ignore the fanatical religion and focus on the inanimate object. That's the leftist way. No crises goes to waste.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I just watched the morning news. There was not mention of terrorism, but a "HATE CRIME" because it targeted a gay club

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

De Nile. It isn't just a river in a predominantly Islamic country.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Maybe the democrat media will finally start admitting the hatred their favorite religion has for homosexuality. Now they have to decide which of the things they pick and choose to say are favorites when it suits their needs will have to take a slight hit until they can turn it into an attack on a simple tool again.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Daddy of killer shithead claims it is not religion just anti-gay. Of course he is lying and the media is already lapping it up like idiots. Just heard them say in other cases it also involves other ideologies, including Conservative. Another reason I don't watch broadcast lies/news like NBC 'special' report. Just a pile of useful idiots.

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Just sayin'.

Freaking media is in a rush to get information out there, inaccurate or not, to push agendas and bias. It's sad what it has devolved to.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The conundrum as I see it. We're a nation of immigrants. It's one of our greatest traits. We'll welcome the downtrodden, displaced, persecuted, etc. But how do you do this without letting those bent on destruction into the country? How do you find home grown radicalized lone wolfs before it's too late?

The cry to enforce existing laws will come up. The problem is the cost of that enforcement and the limits of what can be done when the only evidence is limited. Do you bump the FBIs budget to the point that everyone suspected of being radical can be monitored 24/7? Imagine the cost and paranoia.

Allow guns into places serving alcohol or encourage armed guards at every possible target? Then the targets change. What if an attack occurred at a grocery store or a public park? More heavily armed police with more officers on the street? Money and FTP would kill that in it's tracks.

Allow open carry and concealed carry in more places? There may be some success stories but I imagine the number of stupid ass shootings during road rage, bar fights, relationship disputes would skyrocket.

Overseas options -- withdrawl from the region and be seen as tucking our tail and being defeated? I don't think 'murica would go for that. Put 100k troops on the ground in Syria to wipe out ISIS? The Hydra will grow another head somewhere. Stabilize Syria somehow so they can focus on destroying ISIS? Sounds like a plan, but how?

It seems to me that the way to get things done in the Middle East is through totalitarian leadership. As opposite as that is from the American ideal of democracy it seems to be pretty evident at this point. Support the strong men who just want power and not religious expansion. Let them handle the local threats before they become international threats. Support efforts to increase economic growth.

People with money, comfort, and hope are generally less likely to risk it for ideals. People whose sole dream is for a better life after this one will do whatever they can to get there.

This concludes my annual post to the dungeon. K Thanks Bye.

The Great One likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't know if America will ever fully understand we are at war. Am I to believe this jihadi's family had no clue about his belief or violent tendency?

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't know the answer but I can tell you that it won't take but a handful more of these attacks before every non-Spanish speaking brown person in the country becomes a suspect.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Toe, a sizable number of folks believe we need to be knocked down several notches. As for the family, what would you expect them to say. Lie to the infidel for the good of Islam.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Man I can't wait to hear Hitlery's statement.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Closing of borders wouldn't have helped in this case, unless you got to his parents before he was born.....

"The gunman was identified as Omar Mateen, Rep. Alan Grayson said during a Sunday morning press conference. Mateen was a U.S. citizen, Grayson said, though that was "not true of other family members of his." Mateen, 29, lived in Fort Pierce, Fla. He was born in New York to parents of Afghan origin and was a Muslim, Fox News confirmed."

also, the guy was a security guard trained in firearm use and licensed to carry statewide. This is a different more stringent licencing requirement than a CWP issued to the common folk. Apparently not stringent enough.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Just watched the news here.

They are clearly going to double down on anti 2nd amendment, anti straight male rhetoric to eclipse the Islamic component.

We can't even be honest at all anymore. We are truly a lost people.

R Acree likes this.
  18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Negative Ghost rider.

There are MILLIONS of CC and OC on a daily basis. no problem here.

R Acree likes this.
  19. joec

joec brace yourself

The majority of people who follow the Islamic faith, especially in Afghanistan, know they are poor. They trade the comforts of modern society for the comfort of complete immersion in the religion. Bringing them economic prosperity is not the answer. They dont want that.

Isis won't last another year

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bernie already made his gun control statement. He didn't waste any time.