1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle of Man TT 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 19, 2016.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Sumbitch. ::sigh:: RIP, Andrew.

-jim

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Damn. I already thought this dude was a badass, but he's on another level! DEFINITELY worth the watch.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

A full lap could be amazing!

4. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Had the 360fly on today for the entire race...we'll have to wait to see what they use out of it but I'm sure it'll be good!

BHP41, deepsxepa and caferace like this.
  5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

What speeds are the top guys hitting? I'm assuming it has to be over 200 mph.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

NW 200 is faster.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

According to Wiki, Bruce Anstey has a 2006 top speed record of 206mph on a GSXR-1000. I dunno but for some reason I have to think in 10 years someone must've eeked out a few more mph on the top end???

But then it also says that last year James Hillier took an H2R around the circuit and set the top speed record at 206mph as well.

Both of those were recorded at the end of the Sulby straight.

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

A lot of variables though. Temperature and humidity, catching a draft at the right time, and especially wind can all play a role.

They've been running proper superbikes at the TT for some time also, and the difference in hp from 06-present is probably not as dramatic as the stockers.

9. caferace

caferace No.

TT bikes are also not quite as aerodynamic as your average GP or WSBK machine. F'in bugs. Broome couldn't hang. :D

-jim

10. Men tend to be a bit more "portly" as well :blart: Most likely because the size of their nads.

11. amaner

amaner will do math for food

[​IMG]

12. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

http://www.iomtt.com/News/2016/June/11/ACU-Events-Supersport-2.aspx

If MD did bitch about the super sport race, he's clearly been pointed in the right direction.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Gotta be one of the worst years ever. RIP racers.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Long before that he bitched that he wasn't making enough money and they might as well not have the NW 200. It's the usual MD.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"If anyone wants to play, they can play with me... I'll push any man to the bitter end."

- M. Dunlop

17. 418

418 Expert #59

And then whine like a little bitch...

I was in the fence but him attacking Hutchy pretty much makes him the first real roads racer I actually dislike.

18. Michael Dunlop is the Jorge Lorenzo of the roads. You respect his ability and watching him ride is unreal but god damn man, shut your mouth.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

MD has no class. He's a bully and a twat, which is a real shame because he's also the most talented human in road racing right now.

Some people think there's some redeeming quality to being a dick, but it's never a net positive.

Scotty87 and 418 like this.
  20. caferace

caferace No.

If they didn't translate it (loosely) and print it, in his drogue/brouge-ish context most of you wouldn't have a clue what he said. :D

-jim

418 likes this.