Old School BMX bikes.

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, May 19, 2016.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I remember that GT Freestyle. Loved it.

2. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Brings back some memories. I remember a kid one neighborhood over had a Quadrangle that I thought was the coolest thing ever when I was about 10. Would have been early 80s

I had a Montomery Ward special that had some kind of metal "mags" that looked like Tuff wheels. We couldn't afford much but it was MY bike. Thing weighed a TON but took me all over the place. I took it apart 3 or 4 times and repainted it various colors using spray paint.

3. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Travis, if Brogan wants my FMF XL pro I'll box it up since its not geting ridden.

t11ravis likes this.
  4. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

My kids are riding now so I picked up a lightly used Sunday Wave C 24" last year to goof around on. I guess I'm new school now.

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

May have to take you up on that.

6. gabriel

gabriel Well-Known Member

Daaaammmnnn that pro freestyler brings back some memories,had the same tires ,hubs & pegs.good ol days I tell ya.

7. The powder coat color from that pink GT is where we got the colors the wheels on my race bike. My business partner found the exact powder coat supplier that Gt used in the late 80's and early 90's.

I love bmx. Never raced and I'm too young for these bikes in this Thea's but I rode trails and street for almost 13 years.

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I remember being about 11 or 12 and remember dreaming of getting an older style Pro Performer frame and Dyno forks after watching "RAD" about 1500 times.... Closest I ever got was a GT Mach 1 with Ukai rims (stronger than Arayas according to BMX Action magazine's Chris "Mad Dog" Moeller) and those sweet ODI mushroom grips... Miss that bike.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn. Bringing back a lot of names from my youth. Hutch, Dyno, Araya, Skyway, etc.

10. dont621

dont621 Well-Known Member

Entry level Schwinn
    Mongoose
    Redline MX2
    Redline Proline
    Thruster
    PK Ripper...All of these along with several cool skates bought with grass cash...Good times

11. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I think it's 1989/90 model. Been sitting outside for 20+ years

Attached Files:

12. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Still have my 84 Skyway...might as well, mentally I'm still 12 years old. Physically though, the retro 26" are alot more friendly on the knees and better riding bikes all around! IMAG1012.jpg

13. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Bumping this to the top...
    So I'm going to rebuild my Momgoose(s) and need new rims for the Profile (the Skyway Mags are warped).
    Where is the go to place to order from?
    Not kidding last time I ordered BMX parts it was from Rockville BMX. Not sure if anyone remember that place but that catalogue was like pron to me as a kid. Lol

Ride safe,
    AAron

14. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Had pretty good luck with Dan's Comp. Prices seem fair and they always shipped quick. Might be other places, but they showed up in top 3 of my Google for bmx parts when I started my project a few years back and that was good enough for me :) Don't rule out eBay for some old-school stuff that you don't mind having reconditioned.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  15. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Sign up on BMXMuseum.com if you want period correct parts. If you just want parts then DansComp.com usually has the most stuff.

I still ride BMX often. This is my Standard 125R at my local spot before they decided to trim the weeds.

[​IMG]

16. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

Wow .. The brand names are bringing back great memories. First bike ever was an old yellow Huffy lol I didnt care cause it was mine. It got stolen off my buddies porch a month after I had it. Next was a trusty ol Western Auto Murray lol.. Beat the hell out of that bike and it took like a champ. Next came the more high end bikes First was a Diamond Back Viper , then a Super Goose , A Kuwahara my last was the classic twin upper tube Torker that i still love to this day. Anyone remember Kashimax Seats? Everybody wanted those lol you were not COOL if you didnt have that seat and post lol..

Ahhh great times...

17. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

I still have my early 90s Powerlite that I won national champ with. Went to England and raced in the worlds, got my ass kicked.

18. DaddyPhatSaks

19. DaddyPhatSaks

My old GT with ProForx shocks....it got stolen at a race in tampa when i was sitting on the shitter

225041_168061776584704_7714704_n.jpg

219965_168061143251434_1519062_o.jpg

20. Nor cal or so cal?