1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a bike from a AMA/MA team

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Read my posts...it's obvious who it is.

2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

When buying a used racebike...the stripper ANALogy is spot on. However when you buy a 2014 R6 from a dealership it should be a 2014 from top to bottom, and have the parts described. It sounds like hambonne took parts off of it before returning it to the dealership that sponsored him. Not cool at all.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I'm pretty sure somebody here was also looking for Shane a couple of years back about a bike title that never made it their way and they had paid for that title.
    Hope I'm wrong with the name assumption though.

4. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

Its fraud and technically theft by deception. The bike was represented a certain way and yet this is horrible misrepresentation. At the very least it should have a numbers matching motor I.E. a 2014 motor. He has legal grounds on this and the dealership should make it right period. The very least a new engine. Just my 2 cents. I would be raising pure hell about it .. but thats me. Im guessing the dealership never inspected the bike.

5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Looks like OP's amigo drank Kool-aid and it had no sugar.

And you know strippers like the sugar.

6. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

worth mentioning also is that along with ALL the details in writing on the BOS.

its best to have four signatures: seller, buyer, witness, witness. "two witnesses"
    be sure the document has the term "Bill of Sale" written on it.
    and dont forget or fudge the sale price. "valuable consideration"

"known all men by these presents"

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

27,500 rpm red line. :D

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

all i see is you making a LOT of excuses for someone or more than 1 person, that screwed you over to this point. If they make it right.. awesome. you are also kinda making excuses for yourself, in that you didn't do enough due diligence. You were told "X', and you got "Y". If you are cool with that, and know these folks as you say. Awesome. Seems to me you got taken advantage of though, and just aren't willing to admit it.

And yea. Loaning out parts, same deal. Know who you are loaning stuff to or you are just relying on the fact they are good people. I literally have to keep a list written on duct tape, on my tool box. Names-numbers, as on most given weekends, i can't keep track of the shit i loan out.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be worse, you could be Josh and the team lets a rider use your championship winning machine for a test and it goes airborne :D

10. MELK-MAN

ouch... this really happened ? !

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Knew a couple people who got their hands on old vesrah bikes. Those things were dreamy. Couple friends of mine owned tray's old TLR. Oh what I wouldve done to get my hands on that bike. No idea where it's at now though. Now back to your regularly scheduled lynch mob.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah. Bike was still JU's of course but if I remember right it was the one Josh won FX on. I was in the paddock at Texas World and could see it flip above the buildings (it was a long way away over in the T13-15 area).

13. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

Does the dealership and said rider still have a sponsorship relationship? If I was the dealership taking it in the shorts from a bad deal caused by one of my riders, that rider would be gone in a heartbeat. This would at least indicate to you whether or not it was the rider or molested at the dealership, me thinks. Bad deal all the way around though. We've all been screwed and you can't possibly do every piece of diligence all the time. There is always a certain level of trust involved in a transaction, period. Good luck!

14. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Shane Narbonne?
    Is that with one "n" or two?

Narbone
    Narbonne

It's a shame that some people are lying, stealing, cheating cock holsters.

15. I remember an incident at Road Atl with the police and a flat bed taking a bike from them. May be the same issue

16. You are thinking of the 08.

17. MELK-MAN

actually very very little difference in the 06-07 motor and the 08-current. (like, next to nothing if it's been rebuilt with current pistons, rods, correct bearings).
    the big midrange HP gain came in 08 though, with the variable v-stacks

18. The best thing to come out of the deal is that he is getting a free motor build and tune from Livengood.

Once he is done with it, you won't care what engine was supposed to be in it originally. :)

...this is assuming they are paying for an actual motor build, not just an inspection and tune.

cav115 and roy826ex like this.
  19. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Bull. I'll bet he'll still feel like he got fucked.

I know I would.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He is also getting the fun of the explanation and ease of selling when he decides it is time to move on to a different bike.

throwdown and cajun636 like this.