1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a student loan?.....fugetaboutit...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I just saw some communist holding a sign, "Education is a Human Right."

I don't understand what the problem is? All these people demanding free education, I have to wonder how they performed in the 12 years we gifted them?

crashman and R Acree like this.
  2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Below par.
    Had they performed at an acceptable level in highschool they would be too busy getting a degree to protest...

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Education *is* a human right.

Get your ass to a library and exercise that right. Bitch.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. pickled egg

Oh. Yeah. And this

5. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Oh Gawd.....
    Lizzy Kelly, a history student at Sheffield added: “Students might be more inclined to read what academics want them to if our curricula weren’t overwhelmingly white, male and indicative of a society and structures we fundamentally disagree with because they don't work for us.”

...I told my late-teen, early 20's sons last week that I was concerned for their future - If Lizzy is any indication of what our next crop of 'leaders and innovators' will be, they are well and fully screwed.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One of the things that I have noted over the past 30 or more years is that more and more people that are looking to go to college, and don't have parents that can pay for it, never consider actually getting a job and working their way through college like all of us did earlier. Certainly there are many that do but we never hear of their personal struggles. We only hear about those people that bitch about how difficult it is to have to borrow money to get through college. It seems that most younger people don't even consider being self sufficient and taking care of their own needs. It's really sad.

7. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

Here's a "disabled" guy who'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

[​IMG]

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

ironic?? See if any of these idiots have a local library card...lol

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Gotta laugh about Bernie saying he's going to make the big banks pay for free college AND universal health care...golly gee but those bankers must be really rich!

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Once you create an imaginary source of funding, it becomes limitless by definition.

11. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Did he really say that? Hmm.....I wonder what the stockholders of those banks will say? What about the losses in all of those pension funds, IRA's, 401k's and 529's? Those will take a tumble. I wonder what all of his supporters will think about the new $25 ATM surcharges? Because, I'm sure the banks will just take that expense out of the CEO's salary.:crackup:

12. pickled egg

Don't be silly.

No one will get a paycheck anymore. You'll work for your health insurance and college remittances and you'll be housed in government worker housing and provided with an abundant supply of nutritionally deficient edible substances.

Utopia, man, I'm telling ya!

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

He has a TV add playing currently as he tries to win in NY....It's all about drumming up hate for one group in order to win support from another.....

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

while many people do get jobs during college, including myself, and it IS quite possible to pay a bulk of your tuition by doing so, and necessary for lots of people... the one difference you should take heed of is, college has grown about 18x its amount in the 60's where as the minimum wage has grown like 4x. so just to "say" that college aged kids should do that, is not indicative of the entire story of being actually "able" to pay your way by doing it. if minimum wage grew 18x and was $25-30/hr... you'd probably see a shitload of people working full time and paying for school unassisted haha. just sayin...

15. pickled egg

Bull.

Shit.

16. Sweatypants

oh ok. you swayed me you cock sucker.

look at the minimum wage in 1966 compared to today. look at the price for tuition/room & board at Univ. of Michigan in 1966 and today. see what the difference is. you're a retard. and while i tolerate or generally ignore you cause it makes me smile, this is pretty simple math.

17. pickled egg

Aren't you the mouth breather with the hard on for macroeconomics?

And you're going to isolate minimum wage and tuition rates as the only two factors to be correlated?

And I'm a retard?

Riiiiiggggghhhhttttt...

18. Sweatypants

well... MOST things have grown pretty uniform with the minimum wage, or not terribly more so. food, gas, etc... healthcare and college are the two biggest outliers that have vastly out paced it. so...

if minimum wage grown is X, and growth in the core basket of goods is also X or close to X, you would be able to pay for all those things today in the same fashion that you could 50 years ago if you could work and afford to back then. college is not one of those things.

19. pickled egg

So yeah, that makes sense. Let's raise the minimum wage to reflect the outliers, because, you know, that would be like smart and shit.

Dumbass.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The topic of cost for college does vary greatly when you are comparing the cost of in-state tuition at at State University vs. a private school or paying out of state tuition. The former might still be possible to work your way through college. The latter not so much.