1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mongoliciousness: Mylaps/scoring/registration/grids question

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hey boss, I am in the process of getting my own system and was told by mylaps that their software does everything.

Basically I want one laptop for my track/race duties.

I want to be able to do sign up, then add the riders/drivers to their classes, then obviously the scoring, then after its all over, I want to be able to have it tally points and such.

Does their system do all of this easily?

Is this something someone like me can do or will I need a computer nerd on standby?

Tyler has been great to work with but clearly yo have firsthand knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Oh and race monitor also. Is that difficult to do?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our points and grids and our membership is all done through one program that was written for us. It also interacts dynamically with the website for pre entry and for posting results and points there.

Scoring itself is done through Orbits from Mylaps, we export racer info from our program into Orbits, takes a bit of setup for classes and the like but is very easy. For a single track with minimal classes and no issues like multiple regions using their program would work no problem including maintaining a database of competitors for you and calculating points.

Needing a nerd depends on how comfy you are with computers. If I'm not at one of our events I could get it set up for you and work out most of the bugs at your first race. Also have a wee bit of experience troubleshooting the loops and the like but that would need ot be done a few days out at least just so it's less bs you have to deal with at the event and should be done before the track prep for the weekend for sure. Running the loops will actually be easy enough, put them in PVC pipe in the dirt, so much easier than cutting asphalt on my hands and knees with a grinder :D

Race-monitor is simple. Just email them ahead of time to set up the account (although I did it from the track one morning). There is also mylaps monitor which is easy. The Orbits program also puts out results to scoreboards if you get a pylon or the like but that takes a bit more doing.

4. Bitgeist

Bitgeist Member

Robby,

My name is Marc Allen and I race in Florida with CCS/ASRA. I own an enterprise software firm and about five years ago I wrote a complete system to run all CCS's race operations. Basically everything needed to run a series minus the timing system. They have been operating with my system called RaceWurx for four seasons and now use it to run the Daytona 200 as well. About three years ago, MRA in Colorado also licensed my system to run their operations. I would be more than happy to give you a rundown on how our system works if you would be interested. Our licensing plan is completely granular and is tied directly to how many people compete so the cost for small startup series are minimal. Please feel free to contact me at marc[at]bitgeist.com

Our original press release article on RoadRacingWorld magazine:
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...r-designed-race-management-computer-software/

dsmitty37 likes this.