1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me some new metal (music)

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Apr 5, 2016.

1. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Every Time I Die is worth checking out. More New England Hardcore than straight metal but more melodic than most in that genre. The songwriting is really good with interesting lyrics.

2. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

Another vote for Between the Buried and me. Great band. You can listen to an album from front to back and never know a song ended.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Here's one that might be cool if you like punk with a strong metal influence: Strung Out.

4. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

One of my all time favorites that the OP should check out is Oceansize "Effloresce". Some heavy elements but covers a few genres.

5. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

+1 on Opeth - they range from Death Metal style to progressive without missing a beat. If you into older bands both the new Megadeth and Anthrax are really good -
    If you into the more prog side , check out Riverside - and if your a Kings X fan ,check out The Jelly Jam - in no way a jam band, lol .

6. Kvelertak. Norwegian metal, their first album is amazing.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Seriously, what kind of music is "death" anything? They use weapons for sound or something? :confused:

418 and Venom51 like this.
  8. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Jesus Lizard, Melvins, Godlflesh, Unsane's first album. Not anything new but my best offerings for heavy music.

9. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

More of a style , lol - I dont really know how else to describe the deep , gutteral , from the pit of your soul singing that those bands do -

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Periphery
    After the Burial

It's good, angry gym music.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I heard a band named Sabaton a few years ago while in europe and like them. Kinda Viking Metal.

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

If you're into the whole "djent" thing, check out Sithu Aye and Pomegranate Tiger which I recently discovered. Very cool and complex instrumental progressive metal.

13. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Pomegranate Tiger? :crackup: Awesome name!

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Yep. This guy is Canadian and shreds pretty hard !
    Also, in the same genre, checkout Modern Day Babylon. It's crazy the stuff I am discovering with my Google Play Music subscription, I'm kind of overwhelmed right now lol

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  15. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

BabyMetal

16. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Anyone ever hear of Skwee-G outta Texas?

They never made it big, but remember Lex & Terry had them on their shows several times back in the late 90's early 00's. I have 2 of their cd's from that time, and liked their music.

17. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Amon amarth - epic viking
    Ensiferum - folk/viking
    Wintersun - epic
    Demons and wizards - epic power
    Cradle of filth - melodic black
    Arch enemy - black
    Sirenia - symphonic
    Trivium - thrash/pure
    Sepultura - thrash
    Opeth - meh genre... just that good.

Could go on for days... but my suggestion is to go on to pandora and create stations for each of those bands.. youll end up with a bunch of new random bands to try.

18. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I had to scrub a lot of mine because they have already been mentioned, so here's a few more:

Dillinger Escape Plan
    Tesseract
    Ultraspank
    Flaw (Through The Eyes album)
    Thy Art Is Murder

Some others in my rotation:
    Acacia Strain
    American Head Charge
    Devildriver
    Devin Townsend / Devin Townsend Project
    Dry Kill Logic
    Heaven Shall Burn
    Kelen Heller
    Killswitch Engage
    Machine Head
    Mudvayne
    Nothingface
    Obscure Sphinx
    Otep
    Remembering Never
    Sevendust
    Spineshank
    Static-X
    Unearth

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Metalhead likes this.
  19. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Well whaddya know, they're on Spotify... Interesting, "math-y" stuff. Thanks for the heads up. :clap:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I saw Ghost live in Tampa this past weekend... If someone had described them to me before I actually saw them, I'd have been like "no thanks"... They were actually damn good...

So, they're Swedish, but the lead singer sounds more like he's doing a Count Dracula impression. And he's highly entertaining while on stage... No dancing or head banging, more like he's conducting a sermon and controlling the rest of the band with his mind/hand gestures...

Cirice is pretty freakin' good live too.