1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA For Sale?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Mar 2, 2016.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Just because there is insurance doesn't mean a bank has to loan the money. They have to look at reasonable expectation that the loan is going to be repaid. If a event of that magnitude occurred, and it probably eventually will, it's doubtful that the organization would survive. The only true value of the organization are the monies from events. Without those events the organization is defunct. I am assuming there are not enough assets to pay off the bank. I'm sure you could buy a policy to cover that but I wouldn't even want to guess about the cost.

2. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Just to set the record straight - I would like to think one day someone will come to me and be serious about wanting to take WERA on. I would love to find a 50/50 partner at this stage and stay on for another few years (health provided) and then let the last 50 go! It's been my life since 1976 and it is my baby and I have been through thick and thin with it but I can never explain what it means to me to see riders I saw grow up and do well or riders who just start being so excited to be in the sport - when a Rider's School student completes his first race and tells me that is the most fun I have had in my life - it means a lot!

Over all these years it hasn't been just me - it's been people who worked in the office with me - Kurt Hall, Bobbie from Hardeeville, the Fleury girls, Ed Bargy, Sharon, Linda Lou, Matt Frimmel, Mike Church and most of all Sean and Emily Chandler who have been with me since the late 80s and are still here making it all happen. If I didn't have Emily as my right hand I couldn't do this. All the folks who work races, Jim and Anita Sublet, Eddie Bruner, Tommy Bednash, Larry Pointer, George and Marge Mood, Harry and Judy Morse, Tony and Faynisha, Rich Graver, Nan Algie, Rhonda and David Harmon and way too many to name and all the ones currently still there. All the Corner Workers, Starters, Announcers, Registrars, Tech Officials - it takes a village to put on events and I have been fortunate enough to have some very loyal people who love this sport help me out over all these years!

I will be 64 this month so yeah - it would be nice to see it move on to someone who loves it as much as I do......but I'm not going anywhere yet

OK carry on......

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Awesome to hear! And thanks for all you have done. I hope that person shows up and has the same passion and drive to keep WERA going!

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does this mean Robby Bobby doesn't need to boldly go where he claims not to have gone before?

cha0s#242 and 5axis like this.
  5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

One of the few posts I've actually lol'ed to.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Merger with what? USGPRU is already effectively gone as a series as Stewart had to concentrate more on his regular job.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one working on it and I agree. She and JU need to get together and do a series of books :D