1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IOM TT 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jan 19, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Maybe he is realizing his mortality and / or he had an epiphany

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

pretty much this.
    "It brought it home to me when I was lying in hospital after the Ulster Grand Prix crash."

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Damn, now I have to go bi-polar...
    I'm bummed, wanted to especially see him at this year's IoM.
    Glad to hear he's not hangin' it up while also pursuing his other interests, no doubt with the same enthusiasm.
    :beer:

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

No to diss the guy because I do find him quite personable, but his results in bicycle racing will be even more lackluster than in motorbikes.

6. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

He is actually an accomplished enduro (bicycle) rider

7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Gee, I wish my motorbike results were as "lackluster" as his are. He's one of only a hand full of people to post a 130+mph average lap at the TT.

Glad I got to see him race in person last year. Might be his last ever, but I doubt it

8. grasshopper

We were standing on top of the shit house in 2014 yelling his name and he looked up there at all us idiots. I was passing a bottle of Jack Daniels around. Good times. [​IMG]

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There's far more roads races than the TT and Guy has won a metric ton of them. He said he was stepping back from bikes well before his crash. Add to that the fact that Tas hired Hutchy who just might hate his guts and will surely be their Golden Boy this season on the roads. Guy will be back.

10. grasshopper

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I can understand and empathize with his current mindset 100%.

I wish him the best and he is right. There is more to life than racing motorbikes (or any 1 hobby for that matter). It's always good to keep that perspective in my opinion.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Guy is his own man, and has to the money to be so. best wishes to him with this challenge