1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaun Harris in the news

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Dec 18, 2015.

1. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Wow!! Freaking awesome. I know he rubs some here the wrong way but we should be behind a guy who's been thru hell and still wants nothing more than to race. Go get 'em Shaun

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Are there guys here who Shaun is rubbing the right way?
    I'm not sure I want to know.
    That sheep thing and all.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

New Zealand Grand Prix Title

1x 2nd place and 2x 1st place in round 1 of the NZ SBK champs. I am racing in the " Superlight class" which is hot rodded 650 twins and de tuned 600cc bikes down to 450cc bikes, so kinda like a tripple. Every one has budget issue's with racing, but I managed to purchase 1x a Brand new Rear tire for this meeting- woo hoo. So Thursday- friday and saturday Qualify and race was on old used tires that I had scrounched of other riders THANKS GUYS, and for Sunday's 2 races, I put the front tire on that I had done qual and 2 races at Wanganui with, and a brand new 180 Sco Pirelli. Eurobike wholesalers had given me a couple of spare new Regina chains to give out to any full privateer rider I chose to give them too, but I decided to let the commentators choose this rider, so as too divorce myself from any favouritism, thanks to them for doing it and Eurobikie wholesalers/Regina chain for this. Race 1 on Sat was very cool, 1st time for me in 11 years to start a NZ Championship race, I got a good start as I usually do and took a half a lap or so to take 1st position on track, all was going well untill a few turns from the end when we came across a lapped rider and I was too soft and gental man like ( Haha) and Mathew Hoosinberg wipped around the outside of me and the lapped rider and held position for the win, bloody good on him I say, he is only 20 I think, and has a big future just like his 2 other brothers. I had no pit boards so had no idea what my leed was in this race, and once you start thinking about things like that, you automataically do not ride as well as you were or can, so I got slower I guess, but Mathew kicked my ass fear and square, and it was cool to see his physicall excitement after the win! Morning warm up on Sunday was a dissaster for Mathew, as another riders bike brake pads fell out! " NOT THE RIDERS FAULT AT ALL !!!! ( Yes they did) and sadly this rider hit Mathew from behind and hurt him too much for him to be able to race the rest of the day, hope he is back soon though. Race 2 I got another good start into 2nd postion again from 3rd on the grid and half a lap in or so I took the leed again, I was using a pit board for this race and worked up to a 4 second leed by half race distance and then started noticing some thing on my board I had not asked for, it was the lap count down, I NEVER have that displayed, as I believe if you are not fit enough which I am not yet, it subconsiously makes you feel tired and I started making little mistakes/ or not riding as freely as I was, and young Jacob Stroud ( Son of 9x NZ SBK champion Andrew Stroud) was on my ass big time, but I managed to hold him off and take my first win in the NZ Championships since 2003! Jacob Stroud was only .1 of the lap record for Ruapuna, what a star I say and only 17 years old. Race 3 had a special little title for it called " The NZ Grand Prix" I had no Pit board for this race, which was good, as it made me stay focused on my job alone, I got another good start into 2nd and took the leed at turn 3 and just stayed focused and stretching the cables for this 12 lap race. I built up enough of a gap after 4 or so laps, that I could see through a hairpin turn exactyually where 2nd place was, so this allowed me to ride accordingly, you only have to win by a wheel to win, and my tire was starting to go off now, as track temp was down and I was running a SC0 which was not ideal for the temp, but kept it all together to take another win and the NZ Grand prix title, first time I have won a NZ GP Title in 13 or 14 years I think. So obviously I am feeling rather happy and proud, but there is work to be done on my riding still, as I know I can ride a lot faster yet, but are building back up again in stages, I cannot afford tires let alone crash damage, and this old mans body will not like hitting the ground hard lol. I believe i was costing myself up to 2 seconds a lap after de briefing myself last night, and I never lie to myself, you guys maybe, but not to myself. Next round only a few days away, www.ctas.co.nz will be filming again for free live online viewing. Thanks to all my supporters out there, see you in the soup some time, Peace out.

TheGrouchyCat, JTW, DirtNap and 2 others like this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You should have broken that up into a few paragraphs Shaun, hard to read.

5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Congrats on the wins!

6. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Shaun,

I edited this for you, made it a little more approachable. Good win!

New Zealand Grand Prix Title

One 2nd place and two 1st place finishes in Round 1 of the NZ SBK champs.

Eurobike Wholesalers were kind enough to give me a couple of new Regina chain kits to give out to any full privateer rider I chose to give them to, but I
    decided to let the commentators choose this rider, so as to divorce myself from any favouritism, thanks to them for the promotion and Eurobike
    Wholesalers/Regina chain for this.

I'm racing in the " Superlight class", essentially hot rodded 650 twins and de tuned 600cc bikes down to 450cc bikes, so kinda like a triple. Everyone has
    budget issues with racing, but I managed to purchase a single Brand-New Rear tire for this meeting - woo hoo! So Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Qualifying
    and Racing were on old used tires that I had scrounched of other riders. THANKS GUYS! For Sunday's 2 races, I put a front tire on that I had done qual and
    2 races at Wanganui with, and a brand new 180 SCO Pirelli rear.

Race 1 on Sat was very cool, 1st time for me in 11 years to start a NZ Championship race, I got a good start as I usually do and took a half a lap or so
    to take 1st position on track, all was going well untill a few turns from the end when we came across a lapped rider and I was too soft and gentleman-like
    (Haha). Mathew Hoosinberg wipped around the outside of me and the lapped rider and held position for the win. Bloody good on him I say, he is only 20 I
    think, and has a big future just like his 2 other brothers. I had no pit boards so had no idea what my lead was in this race, and once you start thinking
    about things like that, you automataically do not ride as well as you were (or can), so I got slower. Mathew kicked my ass fair and square, and it was cool
    to see his physical excitement after the win!

Morning warm up on Sunday was a disaster for Mathew, as another riders bike brake pads fell out! "NOT THE RIDERS FAULT AT ALL!!!!" (as we say in racing),
    sadly this rider hit Mathew from behind and hurt him too much for him to be able to race the rest of the day. I hope he is back soon!

Race 2 I got another good start into 2nd postion again from 3rd on the grid and half a lap in or so I took the lead again. I was using a pit board for this
    race and worked up to a 4 second lead by half race distance and then started noticing something on my board I had not asked for, it was the lap count down.
    I NEVER have that displayed, as I believe if you are not fit enough, which I am not yet, it subconsciously makes you feel tired and I started making little
    mistakes, or not riding as freely as I was. Then young Jacob Stroud ( Son of 9x NZ SBK champion Andrew Stroud) was on my ass big time, but I managed to
    hold him off and take my first win in the NZ Championships since 2003! Jacob Stroud was only .1 off the lap record for Ruapuna! "What a star," I say and only
    17 years old.

Race 3 had a special little title for it called "The NZ Grand Prix"! I had no Pit board for this race, which was good, as it made me stay focused on my
    job. I got another good start into 2nd and took the leed at turn 3 and just stayed focused, stretching the throttle cables for this 12 lap race. I built
    up enough of a gap after 4 or so laps, that I could see through a hairpin turn exactly where 2nd place was. This allowed me to ride accordingly, you only
    have to win by a wheel. My tire was starting to go off by then, as track temps were down and I was running a SC0 which was not ideal for the conditions.
    I kept it all together to take another win and the NZ Grand prix title, first time I have won a NZ GP Title in 13 or 14 years I think.

I am feeling rather happy and proud, but there is work to be done on my riding still! I know I can ride a lot faster yet, but I have to build back up again
    in stages, I cannot afford tires, let alone crash damage, and this old mans body will not like hitting the ground hard.

I believe I was costing myself up to 2 seconds a lap after de briefing myself last night (Though I might lie to you readers maybe, I won't lie to myself).
    The next round is only a few days away, www.ctas.co.nz will be streaming for free online viewing.

Thanks to all my supporters out there, see you in the Soup some time!

Peace out.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    iomTT, Banditracer and Blammo like this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah skimmed hon. Congrats!!! :beer:

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Thanks Buddy. I will do better next time after rd 2 this coming weekend. I want a wet meeting now to brush up on wet riding, have not done any of that for over 11 years now

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I have a 22 point lead in the Championship currently

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

iomTT likes this.
  12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Cheers dude, have a couple for me, I am in Drink free mode currently

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Done.

14. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Well lets not get too extreme!! Good Luck Shaun. Keep having fun!

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Rd 2- Poll position and 3 wins! Now have a 52 point lead in my class

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sounds like you're kicking ass ! :beer:

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Time to move up to a Superbike! Nice work!

iomTT likes this.
  18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

That is exactually what I want to do, now that I have gotten myself back up to speed. I am still not riding as fast as I know I can yet, but Rome was not built in a day, and this is all about being fast at the Isle of Man TT races this year for me. It is easier to go fast at the TT than on a closed track also.