1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visiting Florida Keys?

Discussion in 'General' started by gpz11, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now the ferry sounds good. Can they haul bikes?

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

FWIW, a motorcycle ride down Card Sound Rd instead of the normal A1A when you first enter the Keys is a great ride. I used to do that when I was leaving
    my girlfriends house in Miami headed back to Marathon on Sunday nights. There was this little shanty bar that I would always stop at for a couple quick
    beers before getting back on A1A...then a peaceful ride across the islands until I got home.

Damn, to be 20 again!

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Only need the boating license if born after 1988

4. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Well, the Missus has made an executive decision and we're probably headed to Houston. Alot more things to do & see and prices are considerably more reasonable and still reasonably warm

5. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

For a relaxing vacation I'll take the keys over Houston any day. FWIW, I have family in Houston, so I vacation there often and have been to the Keys many times as well since I live in Florida. Guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

6. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Your flying in Ft Laud, Miami or Key West.
    Depending on above answers will take it from there. I'm from Hollywood, born there and lived there for 22 years.

7. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Saw a key deer almost get smoked by a semi coming around the curve on big pine. Those things are tiny.

We are headed back to key west at the end of February. It helps that my wife has a conference to defray the costs a bit. Our main goal is to go fishing, even have a day scheduled to go to the marquesas. Other than that, it's mostly just drinking and people watching. It's called key weird for a reason.

Last time we were down, the offshore racing world championships were going on. Lots of cool boats and the front straight was right by Mallory square.