1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Atlantic match races coming back maybe?

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jan 2, 2016.

1. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Nothing to see here.. Some SOB beat me at it... Link below.

Source: RRW

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. JTRC51

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I didnt have the heart to tell you.

4. JTRC51

Didn't go that far back! Still would love to see this happen! Let's post on the MotoA Facebook page and demand the do eet!!

yuengling910 likes this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It would be great to see. The different spec bikes will be an issue. The different spec tires would be a huge issue.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

If you want to make it a big issue. Maybe it would force one or the other manufacturers to get off their haunches and produce a better tire with more grip or durability in order to not be embarrassed. The competition might make it better for the racers and the fans. As there are no tire contracts for races outside the series, maybe there could be a common tire. I'd be happy to make changes to the motorcycle so we could run another brand, it's not that difficult, and the riders adapt quickly. Either way, I think the idea has great merit and it should proceed. The details can be worked out.

JTRC51 likes this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Agree. Tire choice should be open (spec Dunlop or spec Pirelli). Interesting to read that Dunlop tested qualifiers in Cali as well as new race tires. Is the spec tire contract up for bid again in 2017???

Not sure about the engine specs for each series but US bikes have fancier electronics, UK bikes have spec ECU with fancy suspension and swingarms. I thought all of the Dorna controlled SBK/production series were merging to common rules? Baby steps I'm sure. A little bit at a time to lessen the costs...

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

It is a good idea to get these races going again, and for all riders to be on the same tires etc I say. It is a way of seeing where the USA riders are against a Current known proven nation that can front it on the world stage as such. Good luck with it happening.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

This is true. Spies, Hayden, Edwards, etc all sucked........

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Dont be pathetic man- the past is the past bro

11. Crackhead

Crackhead Expert

On this subject, what world-class racer worth a damn has New Zealand produced since Simon Crafar an Aaron Slight? I was thinking about that the other day and couldn't remember one.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Avolon Biddle. European women champion for a start! This is not a shit fight guys, it is the internet where all opinions and idea;s are shared!!!!!!!

13. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

14. JTRC51

Hayes did well in WSS and MotoGP. He is a current rider. I'd like to see Cameron B. race in this also.

Hopper? Well I suppose he would do race 1 with the US and race 2 with the Brits ;)

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think people forget what he did on the tech 3 bike honestly.

16. John29

Yeah I'd put Hayes and his crew up against anybody they've got. Guys over here are not slow. Funny thing is, people seem to fixate on one era (for example, Spies vs. Mladin) and conclude every other era, every other great rivalry (like Hayes vs. Cameron Beaubier) in AMA Pro Superbike or MotoAmerica Superbike is not worth watching. People do the same thing when trying to compare World Championship eras. It's interesting.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Screw it, just make it like a Formula USA series and run what ya brung.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Well said John. happy new year to you. This would be the best way in my mind, to get more USA riders back on the world stage in Wss Wsbk etc

19. John29

This is interesting, too. After years of hearing about how up and coming kids racing in the U.S. didn't have the talent of kids racing in other countries, we saw five MotoAmerica kids go to the KTM RC390 Cup Final in the U.K. and race kids from other parts of the world while having to learn the track and a different spec tires. The results were very encouraging. It isn't a lack of talent, it's a lack of opportunity. Anybody who doesn't think Hayes, Beaubier, Gagne, Roger Hayden circa 2015 were going fast, is just plain wrong. If our esteemed IOM hero from NZ was actually here watching (in person, trackside) the guys he seems to so easily dismiss here on the BBS, maybe he'd see things a little differently. I often read some off-hand comment he makes and shake my head; coming back and saying it's the BBS and everybody is entitled to say stupid stuff is no real defense. Show some respect.

And Happy New Year to you too!

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I show no respect John, wow, even you read what you want it to read like. Who the fuk started the tread on here about The wss 600 hot shot, ME or a usa fan. Who rates all the past world chasm
    Do not need your sarcasm either, have a great day