1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 16, 2015.

1. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

Lol.

I really needed Beckham for that game. Dick. He should send me a check.

2. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Scotty...you can't boycott the Sacko moniker. C'mon man, chop chop.

3. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Well that sucks. I really thought I had a good chance of making it again. :(

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Okay fellas, sorry for the delay. Work/holidays/Time Warner's stellar internets/ blah blah.

Payments going out as soon as you guys message me the email address you want it sent to. Congrats to the winners!

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

After all the times I've won this thing, you should know mine by now. :cool:

What is the payout structure? We are still awaiting a decision.

6. Scotty87

Lol. Doug, I got you. I'll use the one you always use. Just wanted to give guys the option to change it, you never know if somebody maybe needs to hide some money from the wife. :D

I don't think we should pay past 3rd. I did propose 8/3/1 but I understand the argument for a structure that mirrors last year so that would be 650/400/150. Unless there are no strong objections lodged in the next couple hours that's what I'm going to do.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys do what you want this year, but next year, when the Commissioner proposes something and no one bothers voicing their opinion, it should be considered an executive decision.

8. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

No podium, no pay

9. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Since only proposals were made and no official decision made, it should defer to last season's payout structure. If we do go by last years, send $25 of my $150 to triumph. Can we go ahead and vote on a payout structure for next year?

Payout Options 2016:

$600 / $300 / $200 / $100

$800 / $300 / $100

$650 / $400 / $150

$600 / $400 / $200

If you place top 3 you deserve cash - beyond the entry fee. An entry fee isn't a prize, which is why I like paying to 4th place. 4th place is like a consolation prize for making the semi finals and you'd get your entry fee back.

I'd also like to throw out maybe we should increase the entry fee to $125. The extra $300 could be used for superlative prizes or gag prizes. Maybe last place get's $100, the commish gets $100 for running the thing (IF he shows up!), and maybe like $25 for closest victory, $25 for top rated player season ending injury, $25 for most points scored in a game, etc. Stuff like that makes it more fun. Its like the golf events I do sometimes. Playing for cash is fun, but playing for little things along the way makes it even more fun - like closest to the pin, longest drive, etc. What do you guys think?

PS...you know since I proposed cutting 1st places payout for next season, the fantasy football gods will let me win, right? :D

PSS...I actually really like the idea of competing for $100 for last place. You could make it so the player has to at least score .1 points, or that player counts as 10 points if they score zero. It'd make the bottom of the league interesting rather than having 4-6 guys just throw their hands up at the end of the season. Though there is a flaw in playing for last place, as the guys competing for it would probably drop their best players who'd be picked up by the top players. So maybe just relegate it to the last 2 weeks of the season and outlaw player pickups for semis and finals from those teams? Eh...I'm rambling...but I think something like this could be fun.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I think that's reasonable. Voting right now to take care of it would remove that problem...so I say we just all vote right now on our favorite payout plan (given commish approves a vote)

11. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I'm voting for $600 / $300 / $200 / $100, because the only people who really make anything are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This.
    No.
    Hell no!

13. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

But you'd finally have a chance to make some money lol :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bitch, you know I'm still in the black overall over the history of BBS fantasy football, right? :D

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Just keep it the same as last year if we didn't vote to change it.

16. Scotty87

Not possible. We increased the buy in.

I'm contradicting myself here but I kinda am on board with Papa's thinking, I offered up 8/3/1 and nobody said shit, so....

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Not worried about the amounts. How far back did we pay last year? Keep that the same.

19. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Uh...yeah I did. The only real way this stays fair is to use the same payout structure as last year. Deciding what to payout AFTER the top 3 positions have been finalized is fubar. You proposed the 8/3/1 (actually 8/2/1 at first - page 8 I think). I proposed the 6/3/2/1 right after. Nobody really supported either suggestion and no ironclad decision was made. At that point, it was just a discussion, so like others here have suggested...payouts should default to the year before's structure - $650 / $400 / $150

FWIW: Here's what was said in the 2014 thread after the commish left no doubt we'd go option b payout...

Option B:
    1st = $500
    2nd = $300
    3rd = $100
    Entry Fee: $75

You keep the ratios the same, that's the 6.5/4/1.5

20. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

You guys do whatever on the payout (since clearly it doesn't affect me). I think both commish proposed or same as last year have merit.

That said, I don't really support Lever's proposal for added entry fees again. We already bumped them from $50 to $100 in two years, and it's getting a bit too rich for my blood. It already costs more than my three other leagues combined. If we want to change the payout for some extra stuff, I'd support most points or regular season winner. No cute stuff.