How long is your commute?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Dec 14, 2015.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Totally varies. But up until about June, I had 3 big jobs going in Terrace Park, Kenwood and Indian Hill. All between 5-12 minutes away, and within 3 miles of each other. Last week I worked at the farm 7 straight days and probably put 1000 miles on the van. That includes going to Indy to pick up my new toy. A John Deere 2155 with a loader! :D

2. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I got to work 5min from home for a week. That's the first and probably the last time that will happen unless the small city I live in explodes and builds a ton of elevators or I move to Toronto and spend a fortune on a house to be unhappy where I live.

I average an hour each way driving unless it rains, snows, it's Thursday, Friday, a long weekend, or there's an accident then it adds minimum 20min. Taking transit is 75min and almost always on time.

3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

4.7 miles from my door to the plant. It takes about 10 minutes if I catch all of the lights red, or I can make it in 6 if I catch all green lights.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

27 miles driveway to parking lot

5. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

61 miles each way. Pretty much no traffic unless it's snowing so it's a relatively easy commute.

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Two miles. One stop sign and a traffic signal. Five minutes max if nothing crazy happens.

7. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

8 miles, 45 minutes by subway. Going to be moving soon and that will become 30 miles/90 minutes. Love that city traffic...

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

One flight of stairs.

9. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Where you currently live? I live downtown Toronto but also am renting because I'm up here for a couple years temporarily.

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Used to be either down 15 ft, over 12 ft, or 700+ miles. Nothing in between.

Now it's 48 minutes for about 11 miles by subway. As soon as everything falls into place and I have my own place it will be 37 miles ~ 1:15 by train/subway

11. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

10 miles,,,, about 15 minutes.

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Thru my kitchen, as I'm usuaaly passed out on the sofa for a few hours.

13. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

8 miles, about 15 minutes from my garage to my desk. Mostly back roads without much traffic.

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

7 miles. Between 13 and 35 minutes. Depending on how stupid traffic is.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

15 min on the GROM
    10 min in the Cayenne
    7-8 min on the 1199

16. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Right now it's about 8 miles or 20 minutes to work... with taking kids to school and daycare, over an hour.

17. 28,534 miles round trip

54hrs of flying time, plus layovers.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Door to door.... 7.5 feet. Some times I have real bad traffic as my dog sleeps in the hallway and I have to step over a 150 pound Great Dane.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I live in Whitby. If I was single and didn't race motorcycles I'd have a place in the city for sure but instead I'm looking at being mortgage free when I'm 42.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You lose