1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marine Women in Combat

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Jedb, Sep 8, 2015.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The requirements will be altered to make sure they get their predetermined outcome. If they determine that 20% of all new infantry should be female, 20% will be female and the standard will magically be adapted to fit.

No one has ever answered this question: WHY should we have females in combat arms? What value does it add? If I spend 10x more to recruit, train and utilize an exceptional female soldier in an infantry unit, all I get is a grunt like any other grunt. Yet I spent 10x more to get her. We have 320 million people here, our potential military manpower is huge. Women in combat add no capabilities or additional value over a male, yet they cost much more. Thr military exists to kill the enemy as cheaply and effectively as possible. Anything that doesn't jive with that goal shouldn't be executed.

2. SGVRider

They'll end up in combat arms, but in reject units where they can't do much harm and do milk run jobs.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

First thing first though: integrate all units from recruit training to SOI. I know the Army has been integrated in for several years but the Marine Corps isn't.

4. SGVRider

HAHAHA. I was 100% correct in my assessment of the women who "passed" Ranger school. The Army used the magic pencil and special treatment to ensure that the 2 special snowflakes had every opportunity to pass. Not surprised at all. I'd recommend to anyone to not join the military, it's a fucking pathetic joke. I remember the propaganda when I was in "There's only 1 standard. The Army standard." Then there's the politically favored group standard.

http://www.people.com/article/female-ranger-school-graduation-planned-advance

5. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Anybody that served under this administration, or has connections to the community already knew what was outlined in that story. I can also understand why the public has accepted it on face value, as they have no reason not to believe what they have been sold...

6. mtmansl

No they won't. Do you believe that it is a coincidence that these women are all officers, and I believe that at least two if not all 3 are West Pointers?

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Yes they will. I'm talking about the Marine Corps, not some ineffective Army unit.

8. mtmansl

Whatever that means...

SGVRider likes this.
  9. SGVRider

What he means is "Oorah Marine Devil Dog kill many enemy. Army girlie men and girlies get butt fucked by enemy. Oorah." :D

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I was actually only talking about the specific Army unit with the women in it.

11. SGVRider

I was messing with you. Oorah.

That's the Army way. Shuffle them off to a reject unit instead of bouncing them. It's cheaper. The Marines are too small a force for those stupid shenanigans. Look at good ol' Major Nidal Hasan or whatever that sack of shit's name is. His prior COs gave him glowing OERs to get rid of his ass, because it was easier to promote him out than bounce him from the Army like he deserved. It's all a bunch of political bullshit. We are one day going to have our asses handed to us by the Russians or Chinese. All of this bullshit will stop at that point, if there's anything left of our military to stop it.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I believe you are making a comparison that is faulty. The Marine Corps is not the equivalent of the Army. Yes, they are two branches of the service but the Marine are specialized combat. A fair comparison would be Marine Corps to Airborne.
    To the best of my knowledge, no woman has ever drop from above in a combat role. Although, recently women did drop over Europe but that was friendly match.

I am not for limiting any one person with the capacity to meet a role's requirement.
    However, if people do believe that there is equality between the two sexes, it may be best to come at this from the all-female units. Let them proof be in the results of those units.

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Can someone let me know when physical strength and endurance was no longer a requirement for the battlefield?

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Why ya gotta be so sexist? Are you saying women are too dumb to work smarter and not harder?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Mental strength and readiness is just as key as any other strength.

War requires a total package - and even then, no guarantee of success.

But show up with less than and failure is nearly a certainty.

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I don't think he is or suggesting along the lines you are.

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Dude, I'm totally being sarcastic.

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

My bad.

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Only on Tuesdays.

While I don't disagree, mental strength allows you to will your body to keep moving, it doesn't grant you strength that wasn't already there.