home arcade games

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Nov 17, 2015.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Anyone have any arcade games in there house? I am building a man cave in the new house and want to get a few games. The most important one is a real bubble hockey game. Other games my wife and I were discussing is daytona, big buck hunter and something else we aren't sure about yet.

Anyone have any experience with them? Anything to look for?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I want Golden Tee, I suck at putting and need practice cheaper than $4 for 18 holes :D

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My best friend has this f'ing monstrosity in his garage. First time I went over after he picked it up I'm like "Dude, really???"

[​IMG]

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

We had an old Golden Tee for years. Got it off eBay for $350. Played it a bunch the first year but not so much after that.
    Thing was huge!

5. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Dad has a Golden Tee in his "workshop" He's got a group of guys that play a league on it over the winter.

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Look into MAME and build your own. :)

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I have the original star trek pinball machine from way back in the day. It's taking up space in my basement but my wife insists on keeping it cause it will be worth money one day. Right.

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Ummm.....how about the one that started it all, the original Hang On? Would love to have that in my basement....or any of the side by side racing games...

9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I have a 1976 Atari Stunt Cycle stand up. I got it in the 80's when I worked at a skylight company and I went to the dump to unload a trailer of shingles. Someone was throwing it away along with some sit down car driving games. I took a car driving one and the Stunt Cycle one home. Only the Stunt Cycle worked and it still does. It is black and white and supposed to be Evel Kneivel jumping buses. It just adds a bus everytime.

ruckusracing likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is too cool. Does it have Evel on the game? Could be worth some money by now.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I had a Pristine Centipede Game for years when I lived Down Town.... I always wanted Tempest or Star Castle.... Those were 2 of my Favorites...

13. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

you laugh, but when i was in college we had one in the student union area. every day around lunch time this guy would show up in his workout clothes with a stack of quarters, gallon of water, and a towel and he would jam out on that thing for a solid 30 min, sweating his off. he had allllll of the high scores!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, haven't thought about Tempest in years. Only one at the arcade un on little Vine I was actually decent at :D

15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

when I used to travel a lot I had MAME on my laptop. Used to spend a lot of time on planes and airports playing Galaga, Galaxians, Missile Command, etc. Lots of fun. I bought a bunch of arcade quality buttons, some joysticks and some other parts with the intention of building a cabinet but never got around to it. Maybe a winter project?

good info and details here..

http://toddmoore.com/arcade/

16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

No, it never had Evel on it and over the years it has been beat up pretty bad at drunken parties. But is still works and we still play it on occasion.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still cool.

18. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll laugh. Did he pull any girls? Was he a stud? Grandma's Boy - still living with the 'Roomies'? Ha!

I always wanted a "Skate or Die". They seem a bit rare these days.

19. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

Spent hours in college on Missile Command and Tempest. They can all be built now (as posted) in multi-game MAME cabs. My dream is to have the Ferrari F355 Challenge Arcade simulator. Probably worth a fortune now. Way ahead of it's time (3 screens, FFB, shifter, 3 pedals etc..

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Tempest would be great to have. I remember getting to the red (maybe yellow?) level where parts of the shape start to drop out.

The other one that would be cool to have would be Asteroids.