Sepang, Malaysia | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Redline69

Redline69 MRA Racer

I see both sides of the story, but what erks me the most is how favored MM has been since Moto2. He has always pushed the limits of what is legal by blocking people cutting in right at the apex, making others crash etc. Something he learned from guys like Biaggi and Rossi, but it has always been all about MM, he doesn't care who he knocks out as long as he wins. MotoGP bent the rookie rules and let him ride a factory team, and he never was punished for pushing the envelope in Moto2. Now he gets a little taste of his own medicine everyone is up in arms about it, it is legal to run someone wide, MM hit Rossi because he didn't back off and kept trying to push around the corner. His fault. Rossi looked back afterwards as if he was surprised that MM went down, I believe Rossi when he said he did not mean for him to go down he is smarter than that. He looked to make sure he didn't hit him but ran him wide. Punishment is fine whatever, just a fishy situation....

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

At least one Italian paper is claiming that Marc's manager "confessed" that Marc planned to sabotage Rossi as revenge.

They will need the Spanish Army at the track in Valencia.

3. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Well put..

4. SlyRy

SlyRy Registered user

Regardless of what happens in Valencia, MM desired that. That was one of the best racing moments ever :crackup:

Rossi will be GOAT, MM is just another Pedrosa

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I meant more like this, though I view this as an unintentional racing incident. Around the 4:12 mark, rider #3 more or less sweeps the front out from under the other guy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqUnhTpbtSM

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Well, if Pedrosa could win championships.

7. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

All the riders (with the exception of JL, DP and MM) should pull to the side once the green flag drops to allow VR through. This would send a clear message to the GP execs and teams that IF there was an intent to control the championship, it will NOT be allowed. The riders have the biggest voice here.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid:

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Dude my English is suspect at best. I have to go with Race Direction.

BTW - I think they are being kind based on name identity. Harsher penalties have been issue for similar in the past.

But speaking of rules, I think there is something about maintaining a line, a racing line?

It appear that the rules that Race Direction use say something about deliberately!

Good to meet another fan.:D

I don't believe that I have a favorite or come to close to choosing any one rider.

I think this guys are amazing.

I don't think the issue is as simple as you want to make it. The situation is not about who was in front or behind but what Rossi was doing. Thus, the reason he was penalized. His actions were deliberate toward another rider.

My motorcycle racing resume is weak/light.

I understand motoring, I started racing a Hawk BoTT F3. It soon became clear that I needed to be careful about whom I was on track with. On race day, I was well aware of the F1 pilots. And, I gave them all the room they needed regardless of my position on F3 (with respect to that race).

I was going to work on Monday. :D

I have had my issues due to riding the Hawk on track days and practice (with other classes).

I found my position that suited me that day, including returning to the pits.

I have had some fierce fights but never got to the point of being aggressive on a motorcycle on a track.

I have never taken pleasure in seeing any one hit the ground. I don't care how much of a douche a person may be.

I run across plenty of douche in Mtb Racing and Road Racing (push pedals), I find a way. Generally, by getting away or racing my own race.

10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Insert "Simoncelli" instead of MM and you have the same storyline... Btw, MM was "punished" a few times in Moto2 and the ones I remember are the Pol incident and the one at PI with Wilairot (sp)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Make a winners take all. Two-men race.

While I think that the penalty could have been stronger, in the name of the Championship, if it was my call, Rossi would have received fourth place points and onto Valencia.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Dani spoke about the contradiction in Rossi regarding the evaluation of Simoncelli and MM.

When Dani complaint, he was basically told by Rossi that it was racing. Now, not so much.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:crackhead:

14. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

While it's apparent that there will not be any agreement on who's fault it is, I'm pretty sure that we can all agree that if Stoner was in that situation with Vale he would have handled himself with more dignity.

:)

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

What about those who believe Marquez was just racing?....

Inquiring minds need to know!

16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Do you know why those areas are paved?

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That's a lovely lot of charaters you have there.

I think Biaggi's only friend is Jorge.

Stoner hates everyone.

Lorenzo only loves himself and when he's not sure about it, he beats up his butler.

For Gibernau, Whitey already answered.... :D

18. osuyzfr1

osuyzfr1 Well-Known Member

After watching the video in slo mo, I don't think Rossi hit his brake lever but I think he knocked MM's arm which made him hit the throttle and jerk the bars to the right which put him down. I'm not a MM fan at all but after Rossi called him out at the press conference I can see how it pissed MM off. At this point, I think Rossi knows he doesn't have the outright speed to beat 99 or MM unless it's wet or they have issues and he's losing it. This is probably his last shot at a championship.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

As well, Casey would retweet stuff from Vale's twitter so he hardly hates the guy. You racist.

20. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Rumor has it the field with the exception of JLO Repsol and Crashlow will pull into the pits and start from pit lane......

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015