Let's talk about house guns

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

2nd is a piss hard on.

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Home invasion. One of the 'gentlemen' left several teeth behind. He fared slightly better than his buddy.

I agree about the dog but at that time in my life I was living in apartments and pets were not an option. I have added two small dogs to the home defense arsenal.

(for the record I own several shotguns, 3 rifles, and 3 handguns. inside my home I would always reach for the bat first.)

3. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Over the past year we've had 8 home break-ins that I know of in our relatively small neighborhood. Somebody has been studying our neighborhood pretty well. The neighbors directly across the street were broke into with their Boxer free in the house, he was unharmed, but didn't stop anything from being taken. So i have my doubts if the burglar is good with dogs, but it all depends on the dog.

Nextdoor.com has been growing around our neighborhood for everyone to post if they see something, I like it except for the realtors posting crap as another place to advertise.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

That's a sing it's time to move.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Am i the only one whose dogs sleep through the night and DON'T wake up barking every time they hear something?

My first reaction when our dog wakes up isn't "OMG! SOMEONE'S BREAKING INTO THE HOUSE!" It's usually, "SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU'RE GOING TO WAKE UP OUR KID!" Maybe he's scaring away a burglar every couple of months, but I think it's more likely one of my neighbors shutting his car door after last call.

6. BillH37

BillH37 Active Member

Amen. Threads like this give me a deeper appreciation for rural life.

7. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I love my neighborhood and house too much. Neighborhood is having our first get together as a community in a week to discuss. I think most everyone is jumping on the alarm system bandwagon. My guess is it's somebody within a mile or two.

Worst part is that the neighbors laptop was traced down to it's craigslist ad author with many other "hot" looking items. Detectives were handed this valuable info, but will not take action cause their case loads are too big already. So, it's up to us to stop this crap.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I got detectives to follow up after outgoing mail with checks were stolen from the mailbox. Perp tried washing the check and cashing it at our bank. Teller made a copy of her license so I had a photo and address. PD didn't want to do anything so I told them I'd take care of it and to expect a call with suspect or suspects being held at gunpoint. They agreed to pay a visit and arrested her. She was out the next day but at least they did something.

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Here's something with a rail.

I love to fantasize about saving my family from a scary intruder. I just hope it never happens for real. Probably cost a fortune in dry wall repair and paint.

Attached Files:

11. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Not so much for the high cap rifle of pistol where its important..its pertaining to the shotgun thats slow to reload, and only has 2 to 5 rounds to begin with in its mag tube.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Sounds like time for a posse with the broadcast news in full tow...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6" pattern seems larger to me than a less than half inch pattern :D

14. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Been thinking on this recently, current plan is to finish the 10.5" 300blk AR pistol build and use that.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Subsonics and a suppressor:up:

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

have we debated "stopping power" yet? :rolleyes:

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Slow to reload? I used to be able to shoot doubles on pheasants with a bolt action shotgun, running a pump is pretty quick and a semi aint slow either. And shooting a pheasant at 10 yards will damn near cut it in half.

18. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Just for motivation purposes. :p
    [​IMG]

A good loaded up plate carrier(AR500 III+ plates) might be handy too..jus in case.
    [​IMG]

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:up: You never know

[​IMG]

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

And I thought I was paranoid owning 2 bullet proof vests. :D