1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 gsxr 1000 fitting question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Marc Camp, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

So the last time I rode in 2008 full Ti pipes were 800 bucks now everything is a grand for just a regular header:eek:I just bought this 1000 and frankly its fast enough for me until I get back up to speed and I'm not wanting to pay 12000+ for a header that I don't really want.Heres the thing I don't think the race lower will fit over the bulge in the mid section.I'm thinking maybe go to a muffler shop and have a section welded in or maybe flatten the bottom of the cat to get the lower to fit.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Im wanting to mount a yosh slip on I have no interest in a stubby pipe.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just get a slip-on then....it will remove all the stuff behind the headers and you should be good to go. Slip-ons are also about 1/2 the price.

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Our buddy just bought a Graves slip for his new R1. Its a slip on with cat elim, it was $1300

4. Marc Camp

Full header for a gsxr is 1,000+ and the slip on is 500 bucks.The gsxr is different the mid pipe which is actually one piece connected to the header is where the cat is I'm talking about.

5. Marc Camp

Oh wtf Gary lmao.

6. Marc Camp

Thats not the way it works on a gsxr.

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

There are midpipes for the newer 600/750's....should be for the 1000 also..I would think anyway

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's a 10 year old bike, so chances are new exhausts are not plentiful. People don't have them just laying around in the old inventory bin.

I had a 2005 and decided to use it for track days because it was just sitting in my garage for the extremely rare street ride. Not enjoying it the way it was meant to be enjoyed, so I decided to the track it would go!

I had a slip-on Yosh on it, and went for a full system. Rider's Discount had a FULL Akro Evo system for the bike (1 left) for like $600.

Deals are out there to be had.

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The OP's bike is a 2015.

10. Ninja

Ninja Active Member

Get the slip on (+ midpipe) & header later if needed ...

11. Marc Camp

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  12. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Some people have bought a 2010 stock header to get rid of the cat. Or go to a muffler shop and have them cut it off and weld a new section in to eliminate the cat.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Cut me some slack..I just got bifocals this year. :eek:

I read his post and saw "2005"...sorry.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd be looking at modding the bodywork instead of spending a ton of cash or letting Billybob cut up the stock stuff.

15. Marc Camp

Thanks guys.I cut the bottom mount off and pulled the pipe up an inch which was enough to clear the body work.Give or take a pound or 1.5 Hp it's close enough to the full R77 full race system so it all worked out for me for $431 bucks:)