1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light truck tires

Discussion in 'General' started by sharky nrk, Sep 22, 2015.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Anyone have the go to on deals for buying light duty truck tires. My half ton haul vehicle is going to need replacements soon.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I just bought some Conti's for my Titan at Sears. They had deal if you bought 4 tires you got a $70 Visa gift card from Continental. IIRC, the tires came to right at $700 which is about as cheap as I've ever spent on my truck tires.

3. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I've used Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts on a few vehicles. Nice and quiet.

4. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

I bought some of the new bf goodrich rugged trails and not happy with them. They are not wearing good and I can't keep them balanced. Should have stuck with michelins m/s for the money.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We've got Nittos on the Dodge. Not sure how many miles exactly but they're wearing great.

6. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I've liked the stock Bridgestone Duelers on my Tacoma and Tundra. The Tacoma had 60,000 miles and the tires looked great.

7. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

My Tacoma came with Dunlop AT20's, which are adequate at best. They are getting ditched soon for some Michelin LTX MS/2's.

8. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I'm running the Cooper HT Plus on my 2010 Sequoia and they're fantastic. I think I'm around 45k and still plenty of life left. Super quiet too.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

My brother just bought Bridgestone truck tires online at Discount Tire, they were much cheaper than the local tire store.

10. Andymax

Andymax Well-Known Member

Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO....VERY quiet for such an aggressive tread and very good wear.

11. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I have had A/Ts on the truck but literally all the mileage has been highway - thinking about going with a H/T tire this time around - thoughts?

12. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Firestone Destination A/T,very good tire and not expensive!

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:stupid:

My favorite 4wd trick tire.

14. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I liked the Cooper Discoverer AT/3 for my Titan.

15. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Had Goodrich commercial t/a radials on our 2500, loved them towing the fifth wheel. Just switched to michelins, the sidewalls are to soft, I can feel the truck squirming with the trailer. Next set will be Goodrich.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  16. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Michelins are rated for roads I believe. We'll have to defer to Melka to be certain however. You're gonna want to stick to the highways when pulling a trailer for sure. Historically, sidewalks are made for pedestrians. Motards in a pinch but foot traffic is preferred.

17. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Ugh, stupid auto correct......."SIDEWALLS"........not sidewalks.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ditto to this! Very happy with them...

19. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I think the OP is looking for deals, not how your tires are performing.:D With that said, try your local Mavis or Discount Tire. I priced out my Goodyear Duratracs online at all of the popular websites and Mavis charged my $50 less per tire and had free mounting and balancing, as well as free rotations for the life of the tires.

20. Benmont

Benmont Well-Known Member

I've put 60000 miles on a set of dexteros from Walmart this year with no issues and they still have tread.. 285$ for all 4