1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of yall crash tested Textile jackets

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, it doesn't help he didn't ask how many have worn textile gear and never crashed it :D Of course I fit in that category but still responded, I have issues.

2. I crashed in 2 of then back when I first started riding bikes. They did fine (protection wise).

Leather is good for multiple crashes (typically), whereas textile will usually be a one-and-done because it will tear. But I feel in any normal street crash, a textile jacket will be just as good as anything else.

On the street impact protection is the most important thing because you typically won't slide forever like we do on the track. And a good textile jacket will have the same CE armor in the importance areas.

I still wear a textile jacket on the street.

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

My wife crash tested one a couple times at about 30 MPH. Saved her skin, but the jacket is rough now. They seem like they will do the job at lower speeds, but I want my leathers at triple digits.

4. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Went down at 55-60 in an Aerostich 2pc suit. Back was chewed up from sliding on it over rumble strips. Back protector absorbed the impacts. Only real injury was a bruise on my hip where I initially landed.

Also wore Tourmaster/Cortech gear also. ust not happy with their quality dropping lately. Leg zippers are too small an pull apart by hand.

5. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I went down at about 45 in a Joe rocket mesh jacket years ago. It held up and I continued to use it after that.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I have an Aerostich and went down once in it. You could hardly tell I did since there was almost no damage to it. I also have a Vanson textile jacket that seems very strong just like all their stuff. I never did crash test that one though.

7. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Lowside on the street being stupid years ago, the mesh jacket burned through on the forearm and I received a bit of road rash, but am still using mesh today on the street...