1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hit Air Vest repair

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Aug 20, 2015.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Has anyone sent theirs in for repair? I did a fair amount of damage to mine in the last crash and I'm pretty certain that it's going to need repair. Do they do that or do you just have to replace it? I sent a note to the company I bought mine from but haven't heard back yet.
    Thanks

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Mine has some light damage basically only a button that needs replaced. I'd like to know as well.

3. henroc

henroc Well-Known Member

I ruptured the bladder on mine and did a good bit of damage. I talked to safer-moto and they said they recommend you replace. They told me they have heard of people finding places to repair it, but they wouldn't recommend it. Sucks, cause those jokers are expensive!

4. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Yes, typically any moderate to severe repair=trash can.......replaced with new vest.

5. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Think of the vest in the same way as a helmet, if it hits the ground then you are 99% sure you are going to replace it. Saying that if the bladder has no holes then the vest should still work 100%.

6. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

if you send me pics of thr damage I can let you know if we can repair it. [email protected]

7. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Can I ask if you thought the vest helped minimize your injuries in your crash?

8. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

We are heading to the Isle of Man to race in the Manx GP(yes I am a racer 1st) wont be back in the office until Sept 8th

9. caferace

caferace No.

Best of luck and ride safe. :up: Who are you, and what are you riding?

-jim

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That's the Scottish Nutter, mate! (SV)

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Absolutely did in my crash. I landed and slid on my back a long way. I had no soreness on my back and no concussion because my head never hit the pavement due to the air vest. Without it I am quite sure it would have hit rather hard and I would most certainly had been concussed some. I also had a mouth guard in for what it's worth.

12. henroc

henroc Well-Known Member

Yes I do. That's why I'll be saving pennies up for another one. I tumbled a decent bit and my helmet didn't even touch the ground. Head didn't bobble around and no damage to my person. Just a little character on the bike and suit lol. :up:

13. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

That is awesome Henry!

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Mine performed awesome in a high side. Landing was like rolling through a bounce house. Even protected my arms because I had mentally rehearsed tucking my arms against the vest if airborne due to having shattered my arm into 13 identifiable pieces at Barber years before.

Only damage to the vest was a sheared off button, repacked it at the track and wore it in my next session. Helmet didn't fare so well.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  15. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Back from the Manx, finished with a new PB of 104.8mph. Not bad for a old Scottish nutter :)

16. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

I am convinced that my Hit Air Neck Vest saved me from a serious neck injury when the bike hit me in the head from behind during a crash, and knocked me unconscious at BIR two weeks ago. I suffered a broken ulna, thumb and a concussion, but am thankful as I know it would have been a lot worse had I not been wearing the neck vest, and a mouth guard...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015