1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Racer - Joanna Bitter

Discussion in 'General' started by BigHeadzDC, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

2. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers to all the family and friends.

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Rest in peace. Condolences to her family and friends.

4. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Godspeed.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Thoughts and prayers to her family. RIP racer.

6. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

See you on the other side, Joanna.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP Racer
    Very sad

8. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

RIP Racer....

9. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

11. Chip

Chip Registered

God Speed Joanna.

12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I love this sport and community but this kind news sucks....

RIP racer...:(

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

RIP racer

14. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

RIP Racer :(

15. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

:( RIP Racer

16. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

God bless her and her family... RIP.

17. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

Met her at Chuckwalla, really nice and fast racer.
    A loss for everyone in the community.
    Thoughts with her and her family - very sad

18. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

We miss you Jo... we'll take good care of Bill for you. Thank you for being such a big part of our lives.... Our Saturday nights together were some of the best times we've had at the track & J & I absolutely loved riding & pitting with you and Bill.

<3 434 & 70

:(

--------------------------

Information about who Jo was to us all:

On Behalf of Joanna Bitter's family:
    We are sad to announce that Southern California’s motorcycle community has lost beloved friend and racer, Joanna Bitter. Joanna, was involved in a single bike first lap incident during the August 30th WERA round held at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana Ca, passed away this morning of September 3rd at 8:50am due to head injuries sustained in the incident.

Joanna, Jo to her close friends, was a long time motorcycle enthusiast who's ever growing desire to expand her motorcycle experiences led her to start attending track days. It was here that she met Bill McCoy, another lifelong motorcycle enthusiast, who would eventually become her husband in 2008 and the two would become lifelong partners both on and off the track.

Soon after getting into trackdays, Jo and Bill joined Big Headz Racing, a group of close friends who provide corner worker support to Socal Trackdays, and not long after she began her racing career. With the construction of Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in 2009, Joanna and Bill soon became fixtures in the motorcycle track community and would spent countless days out at their 'second home' riding, racing, and as part of the Socal Trackdays corner-working staff. Immeasurable Southern California motorcycle riders had their first track experiences with Joanna at the forefront as she headed up the Hot Pit lane responsibilities at CVR.

Jo started racing with Chuckwalla Valley Motorcycle Association (CVMA) as an amateur in 2011 and immediately made an impact. Quiet off the track (if you didn't know her!), she was a fierce competitor on it and soon began racking up the wins. Joanna had a great first season, winning the Femmewalla championship, placing third in the Middleweight Shootout, and then finishing as the ninth overall amateur. Over the subsequent years Joanna would move up to Expert and go on to claim 3 Top Ten Overall Club Championship finishes and run the #10, #9, and most recently the #4 club overall plate as a result, with her husband Bill being the #1 plate holder. A true powerhouse couple.

With the start of the 2015-2016 CVMA season just weeks away, Joanna began preparing for another year at her 'second home' and expanded her racing into WERA West events in preparation. The joy of riding and racing for her was ever strong, and she continued to set goals for herself.

Jo meant many things to many people. For some she was a goal they aspired to best in competition, for others she was the buzz of a black and red R6 always there, waiting, waiting for them to make a mistake that would let her get by. For those who really knew her she was truly an inspiration. She showed everyone that living is not only finding joy in everything you do and but that when you find those things in life, do them. Jo was the epitome of someone who let their riding do the talking for them and preferred to 'do' rather than 'say'.

Joanna had spent her last few days surrounded by her family and friends and is survived by her immediate family: husband Bill McCoy, stepson Sean, mother Joanna Bitter, sisters Faith & Sarah, and niece Wendy.
    Further information about services for those wishing to show their support will be forthcoming. The family appreciates your support and respect during this time.

RIP #88 Joanna “JoFactory” Bitter. 1973-2015

-------------------------

FYI I wrote the above, so please spare me any comments about copy/pasting off websites.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  19. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

so very sad :(

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

RIP Joanna and condolences to Bill and the rest of their family and friends. I met them originally at Chuckwalla a few years ago. Such nice good people and very fast.

I was at the track Sunday when everything shut down with ambulance transports. Later in the day I asked a fellow racer about the riders and was told nothing seemed serious, how I wish that was true.