1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New quiet generator on the market

Discussion in 'General' started by kiggy74, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

:stupid:

Definitely changes things. Has anyone actually used one of these yet. I can't seem to find actual noise specs to compare to the Honda.

2. :crackup:

3. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

4. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

You want reliability, how about running your generator 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week in sub zero up 98+ degree heat, like these guys:

[​IMG]

And what powers these mobile mess halls? EU2000s, and I mean ALL OF THEM. I've taken note over the years to see what the cart guys are using in NYC, and I've yet to see a different brand strapped to them. Doesn't matter how low budget the guy may be, there'll be a Honda held on by the last remains of a 10 year old bungee chord.

And believe me, they're not changing oil or filters on these things. Most look like total shit; banged up and stained from spilled gas and what not.

On the other end, the more beat up they look, the louder they tend to me. They also smell worse, so my guess is that 5 years of not checking the oil is doing a number on the rings.

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

That guy doesn't look too happy to have a witness with a camera! :D

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

The fuck's a 'kabab'?:confused:

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Nevermind I figured it out. It's some stupid ass yankee language. Figures.:rolleyes:

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's actually a good point. It's like if you buy a cart a Honda generator is automatically added. And yeah, if the generator goes out, they lose their daily earnings.

The Generac may be a good deal for someone like myself, who will only use it for maybe 10 times a year, and that's if I am lucky. NJMP has free electric (ok $5 charge) with one of the trackday providers, so my usage may drop to like 2 times a year.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

All the Japanese companies outsource their small stuff to the Chinese and Indians. Are these generators the same? If so, who's building them for Honda, and what other brands do they also make?

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the old saying... "you can lead the horse to water.." ;)

honda outsourcing honda generators?? i could be wrong, but i seriously doubt this occurs.

but have you seen what people get for a good condition, used, honda eu2000? or any used honda gen ? I seriously doubt the resale on a genrac is gonna be comparable. SO.. you may actually come out ahead, paying $200 more today for the honda. Maybe. Your results could vary.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Oh I totally agree with that 10000%

Used ones go for about a couple hundred cheaper and are sold in no time.

12. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

13. 2weelferrum04

2weelferrum04 Well-Known Member

so where do you guys buy your hondas?

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You can buy Yamaha inverter generators through Honda East.

They don't sell Honda generators.

Don't ask. I don't. I kinda like the Yammy's better anyway. :D

15. Andymax

Andymax Well-Known Member

I am ALMOST positive I saw that Generac 2000 at Costco just this morning...for 499. At that price it caught my attention and I was trying to find the dB rating, which is not on the front of the box. I was in a hurry so didn't linger. It is not on the Costco website.
    FWIW, the store is in Cranberry Twp, PA. Damn, I'm almost positive...

16. 2weelferrum04

thanks for that
    i already have a honda so i'll stick to that

17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Wise Sales.
    $879 shipped last time I bought one.

18. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    Ordered my 6300 from there last year. Got it shipped to Florida and it was hassle free. Even with shipping, they saved me a good chunk over the cheapest local dealer.

19. 2weelferrum04

thank you very much
    i will contact them

20. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member