Any Jaguar owners? Picking up a 11 or 12 XJ

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 15, 2015.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Likes dislikes problems?

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The only thing worse that a Jag is a Range Rover. You couldn't give me either of these two makes.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

The newer Jags, post-Ford, are supposed to be better, but that's all I got. I wouldn't touch anything during the transition.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Oh geez, Jag is actually pretty close to the top on reliability these days... I know Jag well just wanted thoughts on the new XJ.

Anyone harping about reliability has never owned one

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7122708

5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

My wife just bought a 2012 XJL Portfolio with the non-supercharged V-8. Car is totally badass. It only had 26K miles on it, and she got the 100K extended warranty on it, so she should be good to go. Totally badass car, and gorgeous to look at too!

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What is that new one, the XF? That thing is beautiful.

Edit, it's the F-type. Drool

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

F-type R FTW

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Saw one at Red Robin at lunch last week. I'll admit it ... I was that guy in the lot. Had to go take a peek. Just. Damn.

9. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Sexy cars. I'd never own one, but I would lease one for sure.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Now with awd and auto only. I'll take mine as an S model with a clutch please.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

When I can afford to buy new cars every 3 years I'll start giving a shit about those rankings. I care how (if) they run after 10 years and 100K+ miles, and Kia damn well won't be high on that list.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You sure, my daughters Kia is 5 years old and the only thing we have done is oil and filter changes and tire replacement.

14. tearlessj

tearlessj Well-Known Member

Times have changed my friend. The way I look at it, everyone pretty much make solid cars these days.

15. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Hyundai (and in turn, Kia) is one of the world's largest manufacturers, period. The cars these days are not your 87 Pony.

WRT Jag XJ, I have 2 clients that are Jag dealers, and the only gripe is that they don't move very many units.

A buddy of mine does paintless dent repair, says they seem to be very well put together from his perspective, and that's from him taking apart interior pieces etc.