1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

He was just off campus within the jurisdiction of university police.

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Universities are the bastions of Liberal thinkers where they indoctrinate the youth before they get a chance to go out and experience the world in its full glory. Would you expect anything less?

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No, my expectation of liberals, especially the oxygen thieves in academia, is beyond low.

4. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

:wow:

What's wrong, mfb? Did I recently assist you in one of your many efforts to make yourself look like a dipshit? Do you prefer to take care of that yourself? By the way, you misspelled "fellatio".

5. Mfb just told it like it is BR.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm going to question the term "murder." He shot him and that's for sure but you usually have a tendency to go way overboard with your descriptions of the actions of an officer involved in a shooting. Did the officer stop the man with the intention of killing him? Most likely not since he was being very respectful when he first approached the man's car. He made a legitimate stop. The driver was obviously not cooperating with the officers questions and caused the escalation all by himself. That's a fact. The man tried to drive off rather than get out of the car as the officer asked.

It's the usual kill the officer and ask questions later syndrome.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Those things don't matter Orvis. This will be portrayed as a poor old black man minding his own business, probably driving home from doing charity work at the orphanage, who was needlessly gunned down by a racist white devil cop.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I watched the video from one of the other officer's camera and it showed the arresting officer on the ground and getting up after the car was down the street some distance. We could hear the second officer asking if the first officer was ok. There was nothing in that video that indicated that there was anything to be covered up at that point in time. Watching the video from the arresting officer's camera showed a very calm officer asking the driver some questions until it came to the drivers license. The driver stated that he didn't have one on him. That's when the arresting officer asked the driver to remove his seat belt and at the same time the officer reached for the door handle. The driver held the door closed and started his engine. Of course, that's when all hell broke loose, and from the arresting officer's camera, one cannot tell exactly what was happening.

The DA intentionally, or through simple ignorance, tainted the whole case by shooting off his mouth before he knew what the hell he was talking about. He's out to hang that officer, guilty or not, in an effort to better his future political career. In my opinion of course.

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Well, your question will be for the DA then because he charged the cop with murder.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Come on now Nigel, when a cop is approaching, or standing next to a stopped car it is a deadly weapon plus the driver may also have another deadly weapon inside the car. That is why any decent officer approaches a stopped car with the expectation of possible trouble. It can escalate in an instant when the stopped driver does stupid things.

11. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

If you mean "like it is" for dipshits, then you would be exactly right. Hey, it looks like we've found common ground. :up:

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

DA is an elected position right? It's presumable that the voting block in a city like this is Democrat, right? Most of those voters are likely to be of the persuasion that would NOT side with the cops over anything, right? There have been at least three recent, highly publicized "white cop shooting black suspect" in Ohio, right?

You see where I'm going with this?

And honestly, it may all just be grandstanding to keep the peace. DA makes a huge stink and charges the cop with murder, the public is satisfied that the white devil is going down, then when it goes to trial two years down the road and the evidence is presented, he's cleared but by then it's all but forgotten. No riots, no Sharpton, just a few demonstrators at the courthouse for a few days then all goes back to normal.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sucks that if only he had complied and not been breaking the law, he would still be alive today:/

I saw at least 5 times where he could/should
    Have ended the discussion right away.

Either he did t have a license, it was suspended, car stolen, whatever reason, he had plenty of time to fess up and take his punishment.

A ticket or trip to jail or whatever punishment wasn't worth running and being shot.

Oh well. Can't fix stupid.

14. Robby-Bobby

Well since you're certain that you can see the steering wheel not turning in that video I guess you're right....

Orrrrrr, the location of the vehicle on the opposite side of the road would indicate that the wheel was in fact turned to the left which was towards the officer.

Next time you pull over a shady fella refusing to show license, has alcohol in the car and shuts the door back on you while attempting to flee, let's see how you react.

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Any justification of the use of deadly force should be heavily scrutinized. You don't get to shoot someone dead and say "my bad". If I am crossing a street and fear an oncoming car might harm me, do I get to shoot in self defense? If I walk down your street and see you on the porch cleaning your shotgun, can I pre-emptively shoot you because you could harm me? I'm sure that this particular officer didnt go to work with the intent to kill someone, but his actions currently have him facing a murder charge. We can only hope that justice prevails, whatever that may be.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Series question: how does one get killed by a car while standing by the driver's side window? How is a car going to hit him? :confused:

17. Robby-Bobby

Are you exhausted from jumping that far?

Seriously? How can you compare those situations?

It isn't illegal to clean your gun. It is t illegal to cross the street.

It
    Is illegal to drive without a license.
    To not have proper plates
    To have alcohol in the car
    To leave a stop
    To flee with cop hanging from door.

What are you smoking over there?

18. Robby-Bobby

Um, the guy could have easily fallen under the rear wheels.... Been drug down the street, slammed into another car...

Looking at the placement of the stopped car it clearly was steered left towards the driver side.

19. nigel smith

I was responding to a post about what the dead guy "could" have done. You and I would be dead multiple times over if that was the criteria for a justified shooting. As for my own response in that exact situation, I suppose I would have shot the guy once through the head and gone safely home to my family, at least until the DA showed up. Good thing I'm not a cop.

20. nigel smith

The combination of being intoxicated and having a bullet in his brain probably impacted the man's driving skills.