Windows 10 free upgrades from Microsoft

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Updated .. seems better, but hard to tell so far.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm starting to get PO'ed....at first, I thought the launch was working from left to right nationwide but I see someone in Va got it....am I missing a click somewhere?

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Got the laptop done. Haven't really messed with the new browser or much else.
    Unless you do not care about your personal information I'd advise choosing advanced settings upon install.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the notification that I can download it :(

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I just bought a new computer in May and it came with Windows 7. I ain't gonna mess it up this soon.

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got the notification for my laptop and assumed that I could update my PC later on today. Went to go update the PC and it still isn't ready yet.

Anyhow, so far I like it. It must have been still downloading some things. Initially it was very sluggish, but it seems a lot faster now.

8. Knotcher

Great! I haven't upgraded the way that customers do yet so I don't know what the experience is like. I'm about to find out, though.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Currently upgrading my preview edition to full edition right now. We will see what the final looks like on an older laptop soon.

10. 600k2

600k2 Well-Known Member

I upgraded and I can't get the TV fullsize like the laptop. I tried changing the TV's screen resolution from 16:9 (pictured) to 4:3 but it got even smaller. There has to be a setting in Windows 10 to correct this. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

11. Knotcher

don't duplicate, extend

winkey+p

12. 600k2

600k2 Well-Known Member

That's better, but it shifts the display to the right by about an inch for some reason.

13. 600k2

600k2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TV does this. I have a black 1" on the left and the right is off the screen by an inch too.

14. 600k2

600k2 Well-Known Member

Laptop is a Dell E5500
    TV is an LG, lg 55lk520-ua.ausyljr
    Using a VGA connection

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My security software is not ready for the new "Edge" browser, so I am still using Chrome. Everything looks good so far and for me, the second monitor support off my laptop is actually better. Hopefully my security software provider will get the integration done soon and I can try out the new browser.

17. 600k2

600k2 Well-Known Member

I flipped the taskbar to the right on my TV's extended screen and now the whole window fits at least. I can't see the taskbar but I have it on the laptop. I was expecting bugs.

18. 1coopgt

1coopgt Well-Known Member

I updated yesterday . Works great . But as you update pay attention . It wan't to turn a bunch of shit on by default which you may not want .

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I got nervous and cancelled my reservation to a three weeks ago. I want to be 100% sure about compatibility with a few pieces of software, and make sure there are no major complaints. I think I'll wait a little longer.

20. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I found out the hard way that Windows 10 doesn't support WEP shared. :( I had to finally upgrade my wifi adapter's driver on my old laptop to use modern encryption, so I could change my router setup. Took a long time to figure out that's why my issue was. Annoying. Seems ok though. Didn't get a chance to really mess about with the system that much.