1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roll Call Mid Ohio July 20th PTR

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGrouchyCat, Jul 18, 2015.

1. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

I'll be on a green 08 zx10r hope to see some of you guys there! It'll be my first (full) track day knock on wood.

[​IMG]

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

NESBA Sucks!

3. TheGrouchyCat

Oh sh*t is NESBA hosting the track day? This may have been a big mistake lol

4. Johnny B

You're new here, aren't you? :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  5. TheGrouchyCat

lol yes I'm just getting the grip of things and the acronyms aren't helping haha. Wiped out on my first track day and attempting a second. I've only been on the street for two years since I was 16. I joined the forum because I'd like to start racing sometime in college and have heard great things about WERA. Hopefully my ignorance dissipates the longer I visit.

6. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

haha

7. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Nice looking bike. Take it easy out there your first couple of sessions. When the track is cold, Mid-Ohio is very slippery, its like being on ice skates. I've watched plenty of people dump it just going out of hot pit because of cold track/cold tires.

8. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

What group are you signed up for?

BTW the trackday on 7/20 (tomorrow) disappeared off the MidO enrollment area so that might mean it was cancelled. I've seen them do this before. Could be wrong though.

I'll be there 7/21.

9. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Luckily MidO has their own thing and they do it pretty decently.

In fact the whole reason I do their trackdays is they have an awesome instructor who's there for most of them - retired air traffic controller on a big Ape RSV1000.

10. osuyzfr1

osuyzfr1 Well-Known Member

It's still on, just can't signup on the web for it.

11. Johnny B

[​IMG]

12. TheGrouchyCat

Gopro got smashed by a car before it got to the track but I lasted all day and had a whole bunch of fun. I was told I could move up to intermediate if I wanted but I wanted to take it slow and not push too hard like I did last time. Such an amazing feeling when you hit all your points in a turn and just thinking "now how can I go through faster next time?". Now if only I can find the photographer's website...

13. Dad doesn't like GoPros. He says they are the devil's curse! [​IMG]

14. TheGrouchyCat

Hmmm now thinking about it everytime I ride the track with a gopro I crash, and never do without it.... ;):beer: