1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden finally open to racing WSBK?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Jul 20, 2015.

1. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/221234/1/nicky-hayden-visits-wsbk.html

Seems to be a lot more open to it now than he ever has. Finally seeing that maybe the MotoGP tunnel isn't looking that great anymore... Would love to see him in WSBK as I think he could be competitive depending on the bike (hopefully NOT Honda unless they finally put some money into it).

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If he's gonna do it he'd better hurry up before some of the faster GP riders "retire" to WSBK.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gotta go where the cash and chicks are.

4. Id love to see him on a Panigale.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

At the same time, it would be a shame to have hung on for five years (or however long it's been) without any good results to leave when they finally are going to even the GP playing field some.

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I don't see the pecking order changing just because of a tire swap and electronics change. The factories will still spend $$$$$ to drop the precious 10ths, and the rest of the field will be wanting.

7. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

GPone is hinting at Aprilia

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Haslam sure hasn't come through for them this year.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Dude has to have tons of cash stashed away by now after as many years. I only say that because he doesn't look like the Dan Bilzerian of MotoGP blowing through all sorts of money frivolously. Plus he's been dating that Marin tequila chick for a while as well.

At the end of the day I'd have to think racing is alot more fun if you are doing it for the win rather than doing it for 13-19th place and only cracking the top 10 when the stars align just right and 6 people crash out of the race ahead of you.

Surprising too considering his awesome start to the year in the first couple races. I expected the new bike and team were gonna have him battling for wins for the rest of the season the way he rode at P.I.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  10. ped

ped Banned

yamaha factory

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Melandri and (probably) Boobietitties. No room at the inn, mary and joseph.

12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

He'd be the only Rider to ever win an AMA, WSBK, and MotoGP title. I think that would put him in his own Hall of Fame category.

13. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

This. I recently read that even the spec electrons are crazy complicated to the point that one team's electronic engineer had left and right backwards and completely mis-programmed their strategies.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Melandri? Does somebody at Yamaha have a crush on his wife? That's the ONLY reason anyone would want him on their team:crackup:

15. light 3

light 3 the bot

ooo. i've always wanted Hayden to go to WSBK, especially after leaving ducati. i always thought he would do well there and have more fun doing it. yamaha would be an awesome choice.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wouldn't expect him to magically show up on the podium next year, but at least the gap should narrow to factory satellite teams. Otherwise, what's the point of changing anything?

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Having him teamed with Chaz on the Duc wouldn't suck.

18. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

To bring costs down.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Same as always: to make the racing better, to make all the bikes more competitive, to bring costs down, etc - all with the intent of helping teams bring sponsors in (which is what keeps the whole circus running).

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I didn't take your statement that he would show up on the podium :D

IMO, once the racing involved a complexity of electronic programming, it eliminated the satellite teams from being regularly competitive. The factory teams have an army of uber nerds to handle the programming. Satellite teams have one or two?