1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 Laps???

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jul 14, 2015.

1. thiagoleal23

thiagoleal23 Well-Known Member

That's one of the things I didnt like about miller... too short, if you start on the second wave and by the time you catching up to the top 10 riders the race is done.... I didnt even break a sweat lol.

Glad I'm back in the east coast where races like Road Atlanta, Roebling and Barber seems to be a lot longer ;)

2. I'm glad you feel like that and hope that never changes.

Sometimes 2 practices are needed when chasing setup or learning a new bike or a new track. And if you run late in the morning because of problems and miss first practice, you don't have to stress because you have another chance.

Plus some people dont/can't arrive till Saturday morning and need time to setup/register/tech/etc.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Road Atlanta is 6 laps at 2.5 miles for a total of 15 miles, Miller is 3 even on the perimeter at 4 laps that's 12 miles. To make them even I'd have to do Miller at 5 laps. How do you do halfway then? :D

Interesting too is Talladega at 10 laps is 13 miles vs Road Atlanta being 15 miles. People don't complain about Talladega tho. :crackup:

Something else to consider is warmup laps and cool down laps - both of which have to be based on the slowest to do each. I'd love to be able to send people at Miller off on the West pit lane but not sure we could do it safely.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Short ass races! :Poke:

Our normal up here is 20-24 miles(8 lap, ~2.5 or 3.1 miles per lap, depending on the config).

5. thiagoleal23

thiagoleal23 Well-Known Member

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I could nuke classes and charge more and do it no problem.

7. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

I must have missed it, what configuration is WERA running?

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Just ditch Vintage and the twins classes, that should save a ton of clean up time right there. :D

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Then we could all watch the other 2 guys racing:p

Id certainly vote for keeping 2 practice sessions so I can at least get one in.

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

perimeter

11. :moon:

I intentionally got the 1299S over the R1 because it is legal for more races because of the twins races.

If they get removed from the schedule ima fill the whole damn paddock with uppercuts. All 3 levels at Barber, overflowing with uppercuts.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

first time I raced Talladega... nobody mentioned it is such a hard braking track. :wow:
    After my first solo...I was winded. :wow:

13. Train harder. :Poke:

:D

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

:down:

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

But your bikes don't blow up, they just get yard-saled into the nearest treeline. :crackup:

16. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

2 practices is good! I don't like 1 practice and racing before lunch