1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me: Hey- I'll go to work early and make an extra $20....

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Jul 9, 2015.

1. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

In some metro areas, maybe. Around here speeding in a work zone is +$35. But, the fine jumps to +$250 if workers and signs warning of the +$250 are present.

C-zones speed reductions aren't just about the workers, either. Many times there are narrower lanes, lane reductions, lane shifts, uneven pavement, shoulder drop-offs, etc. The hazards in the c-zone warrant lower speeds even when no one is working there.

Highway workers knew the dangers of the job and they signed up anyway. If they get hit by a make-up applying, texting, burrito snarfing teenager, so be it. :Poke:

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Shut up flatfoot! :D

I was going to tell the anecdote about certain police who like to hang out at lane closures to catch the assholes who speed up to get to the front of the line, but I'll let you have that one:Poke:

3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:(

rip

4. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

I hate the people that do that, but is that illegal? Or are you talking about exceeding the speed limit to get in front of someone?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Exceeding. Although I assume it could be some sort of wreckless driving charge too.

6. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

:stupid:

Big WAZE fan here. :up:

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

It's all fun and games until some asshole nails a cone...then it gets real.

#conelivesmatter

8. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

In some construction zones, there are signs indicating where a no passing zone starts. People ain't got time for dat. They speed up well over the zone speed limit to pass anyway. This type of driver goes well beyond the inadvertent speeding and well into the 'don't give a damn, two more positions will get me a podium' mentality.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

FTCW!