1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper Fans

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Jul 4, 2015.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Oh I agree! What I was getting at was just that it seems that he has had more bad luck than average.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I guess I'm so fat that I couldn't tell he looked fat:/

Wonder if he got any comparable laps in...

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm actually dejected by that video. The Whopper's helmet even looked fat. :(

4. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

he looked slightly thinner than what he did in the vid from a year or so ago I saw him in but still needs to do 500 sit-ups a day until he is back to ~140 #

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Lol

:stupid:

I had to watch it again to realize. Curious also how his times are, hopefully he gets along with the bike.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

:crackup:

nailed it.

that's why i've never owned a bike with more than 2 cylinders. :beer:

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

He looks like Ricky Carmichael

8. light 3

light 3 the bot

i guess i might be in the minority here, but i've always liked Hopper and wish him all the best. that 2011 BSB season was just awesome. he has it in him, he just needs that extra little bit to be a champion.

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I actually would like to see Hopper do very well too, but he is seriously out of shape for a modern top level professional racer

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's the thing. You think Hayes would ever show up to work like that? Hell no. Neither will Shakey or any of the guys running at the front. I'm starting to wonder if Hopster has a medical condition causing the chubbs. Two seasons in a row out of shape from a guy who knows that won't cut it if you want wins. Some medications make it impossible to lose weight. Might be out of his control.

Disclaimer: (Beer is not a medication no matter what you believe.)

11. In his defense, this opportunity arose out of the blue for him, and he doesn't look that out of shape. I think he may have had a thick chest/ab protector on making him look a little more hefty than he would have.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wrong. He's been in the paddock since the season opener looking for a job. And wrong, he never looked like that in GP or BSB when almost won the title. And also wrong, everybody else has the same gear on and don't look like a barrel. Can't blame age, there are guys out there older and more fit. If you watched last season you'd have heard the comments.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

You don't need to anorexic to race a superbike. This ain't MotoGP.

Haters.

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Check out John Mcguiness haha FAT FAST FUCKER. Hopper will be sweet. I like to see him with a bit of weight, kinda proves to me he is no druggie at least,. and takes care of himself with food

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Didn't know the bbs was full of god damn Kenyans!

Mongo back me up!!

I fukin podiumed a Grom race!!!

16. Would you like to bet $20 to the AFF on how he does at Brands? I say he will have at least one top 5.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude, read my sig, I know. McPint himself was always joking about being a porker lol. But in recent years he's been vocal about trimming up for race season and it shows. McPint is my hero on the roads but even he confesses short circuits are not his skillset. No way he could run with Brookes or Shakey.

Look at any of the top guys in AMA, BSB, WSBK. All of them struggle to be light as possible and still last the distance. Whether we think it's healthy or not doesn't matter. That's just how it is to win. Sure there are "normal" looking pro racers. You can find them at the back of the grid.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Mcpint is what I would call a friend man. So just avin a laugh there

19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I will take you up on that? I reckon top 10 yes, but top 5 will be incredably amazing if he pulls that off.

20. Hopkins won't be at the back of the grid.