1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ginger baker on netflix

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 7, 2015.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

I knew he drummed for cream. And that he replaced martin atkins of ministry fame at pil. But holy crap that dude has lived a life and a half! Great flick and super impressive guy.

2. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

IMHO the best drummer hands down to ever grace rock. You need to listen to some of the lesser known recordings starting with Air Force and also some of his jazz groups.
    Apparently not the nicest guy on the planet, but damn talented.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

He hates being referred to as a rock drummer. Even his website home page says " legendary jazz drummer" he was punk rock way before anything like that even existed. Just an incredible life. And just a mean sob.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just wanted to add Martin Atkins is a stand up guy who corners low and gives away cool label stuff on the regular. :up:

5. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Super good movie. I've had to have watched it at least 6 times. His crazyness never ceases to amaze me and he can groove!

A couple other good netflix rockumentaries are Muscle Shoals and 20 Feet from Stardom.

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Someone water boarded him in a bucket of bat-shit crazy when he was a child.

7. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

The muscle shoals documentary was great. I had no idea what Lynyrd Skynyrd
    was saying in "Sweet Home Alabama" till I saw that .