1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leasing an ER650 for the Manx Races

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Jun 3, 2015.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

These bikes are always in the top 3 through speed traps, and ALWAYS finish races. They are top top quality. Here is what my mate ( Team owner) could do one for.

Hi Shaun
    Yes can have a bike available for the Manx have two going out there already but am three parts through a build on a new bike so can put one out. He would be looking £3500 that includes us looking after it plus tyres depending what he wants to run?

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

What is the Math on this in USA dollars

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

$4200 at current exchange rates....don't forget all the other expenses. (Actually this seems very cheap to me as it includes tires, mechanic, etc...what happens if you crash it? How much then?)

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Thanks man. Pay for replacement parts. I think it is a hell of a deal for a bike that could win a TT race, not just a manx race

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'll admit it. I have a problem even watching the "real" road racing. I think it's insane. Seeing the walls and the cliffs and the buildings.... No way in hell would I even attempt it and I don't see the lure of it. Must take a special type of racer for sure.

6. SCHMITTY91

SCHMITTY91 Well-Known Member

Isn't the entry closed for the Manx this year? Would be awesome to try and do it.

7. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Fuuuuuck I wish I was ready for that.

8. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

It is a great deal.
    It will cost me $3500 just to round ship my bikes to the isle and back.
    And that doesn't include mechanic, tent or tires.
    That's just my bikes from MA to Isle of Man and back.
    And the stress is insane.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep, a non-regular one...

:D

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh that's a GREAT deal from what I have researched. I'd love to do it, I'm the opposite of Mike. To me that is IT as far as racing goes. I eventually want to try Pikes, that's the closest thing to it in the states.

Hats off to any and all riders who have done it.

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

You can get your bikes, gear and tools to the Isle of Man and Back for 3500 bucks? What shipping company? Contact information please.

12. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

I rented an SV650 for the Manx, and got absolutely shafted when the team's motor blew and sent me into the wall. If you guys are renting at the Manx, please make sure it's from someone you know and trust. I got pinned with 100% of the damage, which they equated to ~$8000 on a ~$3000 cobbled-together SV that I spent most of the fortnight tending to. Oh and not to mention the threats myself, family, and friends received....

I just don't want the same to happen to anyone else.
    PM for details if you want to know who not to team with.

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Wow :down::wow:

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

This was directed at you Olympus for 2016! The bike will be availlable. I like the way you have been going about your debut for there, you have been doing every thing the write way as I see it. And IO will be with the team there also, so shit loads of track knoledge to help you with.

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Dude, let me know more about this via email or pm please. I know shit loads of people in the uk who respect me heaps. This situation of yours sux fukin bg time, and sounds like some C--- needs a good old fashioned British face slapping, which will only cost me a PIE to arrange:up:

16. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I rented an SV650 for $1650 in 2011. Came with a rear stand and tire warmers.

I ended up having to replace the battery right away. Had to relocate the rear sprocket guard some in order to pass scrutineering. Also needed to fab some stuff in order to get my steering damper mounted.

Ended up being a trouble-free bike though. The springs were stiffer than I would've liked and I couldn't find any softer ones.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

There is sadly a shit load of con men involved in the road race scene in the UK regions, they have no fukin morals

18. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Pike's Peak next year? :beer:

19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

That is deff a race track I want a go on next year with my own chassis

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I used to think that too. Spend a week or two on the IOM, it will change your mind.

It's on the bucket list.