Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Coupla pics I took yesterday. These are of Rowlett Creek as it crosses (usually under) Campbell Road near the border of Collin County into Dallas County. That creek drains a surprisingly large swath of Northeast DFW... about 80 square miles, near as I can guesstimate from googleearth's topographical information. Some of the rain that fell on the roof of my house is in the pics below, even though that spot is 8.36 miles away as the crow flies. This area floods somewhat regularly as a result, but nothing even near like this.

Google Earth view
    [​IMG]

Yesterday view
    [​IMG]

Closer
    [​IMG]

The parking lot & driving range of a golf course just downstream of the above pics. (Firewheel GC)

[​IMG]

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I'm in Wylie, the bridge/causeway over the floodplain south of the Lavon Dam is about 2" below the shoulder (about 24ft over flood). The lake is full... and filling faster than it can drain down to Lake Ray Hubbard. I think Hwy 78 is about to flood over.

Park/McMillan was closed, too.

Rowlett Creek under Renner Road was way full yesterday on my way home from work. I can just imagine what Campbell Road looks like today.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Another TX before-n-after...

Attached Files:

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Guys, stay safe out there.

5. auminer

The only time I've felt nervous out & about was when I was in the shadow of the Trinity River levees this morning. I handled my business there & got the hell outta dodge as quickly as possible. If those levees had a major breach tens of thousands would die, not to mention probably hundreds of billions in damage. I'll let you google what USACE thinks about the levee system on your own time, lest this thread get dungeony.

[​IMG]

Where?

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If you 'handled your business there' you contributed to the flooding...

7. sdg

sdg *

I like the big fancy ego driven bridge with (based on the structures on either side) absolutely no justification for building it.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The dude that posted it on another forum listed his locale as Dripping Springs. No idea if that's geographically relevant.

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Looks Hill Country-ish (especially the before picture). San Marcos River feeder? Or is that too far south for flooding?

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

11. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Ought to talk to the people in Dallas and get their opinions :crackup:

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I Dare You.....

If this ain't odd-ball I don't know what is. :D

[​IMG]

13. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

I'm all for people doing what ever the crap they want. But everyone in that family is completely crazy in the coconut!

14. joec

joec brace yourself

He/she has such an incredible life story. I mean, olympic gold medalist. He was an icon. He was an aspiration to generations of olympic track and field stars. I dont get it, but i hope he/she finds what makes her happy. Go for it.

15. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

Execute the sicko and put HIM out of our collective misery.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

2xitb?:crackup:

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess you're from central Florida...

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, my kids were making fun of me when I explained he was a hero to me and most other people back in 76. They don't know anything about his Olympic accomplishments.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I get it, do whatever the F you please with your body, the shit that annoys me is how this crap is all celebrated and pedastilized by the media. Personally I think he's got something wrong upstairs.

I mean, if someone said they were going to chop their arms and legs off because in their heart of hearts they thought they were actually one of these things......

[​IMG]

you'd send them to see a shrink.

20. auminer

Are there any other options?

Nevermind... I really, truly don't wanna know.