1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curing snoring

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, May 8, 2015.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Has anyone found a real way to stop snoring? I know I snow bad. I wake up every morning with a sore throat and even wake myself up at night. I know that I should go to a sleep clinic because I am sure there is a sleep apnea component there. But let's deal with the snoring first.

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

There was a thread on here a year or 2 ago about this man. A certain brand of mouth guard was suggested by many many many on it, but buggered if I can find it. I was considering buying one of these mouth guards myself. haha My lady finally recorded the noise I make when sleeping, hahahaha poor poor women. I never here a thing of have a saw throat at all

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Yeah. Sleep study. They'll give you a CPAP and you'll sleep like a baby. You probably stop breathing quite a few times during the night and aren't getting the sleep you need.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I can't wear all the bullshit masks and mouthguards, so I sleep on my side only now.
    The other thing I have done is learn to sleep with my mouth closed. I can't really explain how to do that, but if you concentrate on it, it's possible. So much more pleasant to not wake up with a dry mouth and sore throat.

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Im lucky, I have NO personell sufferings from my snoring. Just NO lady beside me in the morning to drop one into haha

7. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

If you're overweight.....even a little bit.....then the best thing you can do is lose the extra pounds. Losing even a little bit of extra weight usually makes a big difference. If your weight is not an issue, then try a poofier pillow.....something that raises your head a little bit more. Appliances suck. I always woke up with them lying next to me.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Good ENT docs also have some surgical remedies that can work, but usually you will only get to see them after a sleep study.

Note: Booze can dramatically increase snoring.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Have you tried?

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The best cure for snoring is divorce :D

11. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

That was me 10 years ago. Got a UP3 done. No snoring sense and sleep is a lot better. A bit painful, but worth it.

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Doc says that's the next step.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

there is no one cure fits all but the weight thing is a very large part of it. Also routine is another like no eating after 7pm or caffiene after 2pm. Keep fluids to a minimum prior to bed time. I find if I get out of my routine... my sleep suffers. Like getting ready for race weekends or any travel or if I have a late dinner. Ironically I usually get the best sleep on a Saturday nite at an event.

I have a machine but I hate it. Tried it for 30 consecutive days... nothing dramatic happened then tried it again in 2 week spurts, still nothing. I have to sleep on my side to decrease the "incidents" and thats worked best.
    Since Ive met my deductible this year... Im going to do another study and try to get another machine.

14. backcountryme

I always sleep on my side, have for years. And I know that I stop breathing at night. An ex girlfriend told me that I did. I am a bit overweight, and am loosing it. I guess I will look into a sleep study.

15. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Lose the weight first. My wife was snoring unbearably loud and just lost 15 lbs and it made a night and day difference.

16. backcountryme

I'm down abou 25 pounds since October. Stalled on actual weight loss, but still losing inches.