Anyone's wife have weird sleeping habits?

Discussion in 'General' started by pucksdown, Apr 30, 2015.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Have you guys ever considered separate beds or even bedrooms ? Relationships go so much smoother after a good night's sleep.

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

:crackup: .....Dayum dude, well played sir!:up: :crackup:

Talk about un-appreciative, geesh!

Mine snores like a bear.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Could also be as simple as excessive caffeine consumption and or limited physical activity.

My wife stays up annoyingly late and then tries to have conversations with me when I'm trying to sleep. Not that bad. I annoy her by insisting on having on a fan or some kind of white noise. I also sometimes attack when I'm woken up suddenly.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Mine too...ear plugs or go to the other room. :D

5. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Has any woman in the history of women admitted they snore?

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I get that too, as I do snore.
    She sleeps with earplugs. She also has a box fan on medium for 'white noise.'

I've gotten to a state of indifference about it.

7. CharlieY

Yes, her name is Pam Young. :D

She is quite the lady....maybe she could start a women's movement or something. :rolleyes:

We are currently trying Chaos242 / Sabre approach.:D

8. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Sounds like many of these women stories could be related to Ambien... I don't dare tell those... wife would kill me!

9. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Between my wife's crazy sleeping habits, my dog's crazy sleeping habits and my chronic pain, I rarely sleep.

What helps is that I sleep in the guest room most nights and the wife doesn't even know. After she's asleep (and she sleeps like the dead), I move to the other room. Then I move back into bed with her early in the morning.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You're out partying really...right? :D

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's what I've done for the last couple of years but I still don't know what a good nights sleep is. Last night I went to a concert and got home about 1am. I said screw it, I'm not going to set my alarm...I'll just go in when I wake up. Woohoo, I slept in until 6am this morning!

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've read that spouses who sleep in separate bedrooms have happier marriages. You can still get freaky when you want, and it's even better, like back when you were dating, but the maintenance portion of the sleep is much better because you can have your own space.

Makes sense. People have their own cars, own chair at the table, own place on the couch, own closets, own sinks, own bathrooms, etc.

13. CharlieY

That's bad sheeeet....My dad was given it while in the hospital, and reacted badly....pulled all the hoses out and was leaving....didn't remember a thing the next day....hospital security had to subdue him and tie him to the bed....he didn't remember a thing.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I took a cheap ass Kroger sleeping pill last Friday night and all it did was make me feel like a zombie the next day. I can't imagine what an Ambien's like.

15. Google "Ambien Zombie." The stories are quite entertaining - especially the airliner-related ones.

16. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Can also be a side effect of certain birth control medications. When my wife stopped taking it to get pregnant, the dreams stopped. She gets pregnant and the hormones her body produces cause them (according to her OB this is fairly common). This has been the cycle through her first pregnancy and currently during this pregnancy.

17. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Ambien.... Just 2 words... sex and food. Other side effects may vary.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Did she let you join in or at least watch? :up:

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Mine just falls asleep watching tv most nites and then I wake her up at 11 to go to bed.

20. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I am not married but several of my friends wives wake up screaming, kicking and punching every time. I don't know how any of those guys get any sleep.