1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipped diesels

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Mar 13, 2015.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

This one has worked quite well on my last few bikes

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I'm thinking about, just need to buy a couple and put them on.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You do get some of the oddest looks when you 'remind' someone that you're in the lane they're drifting into...
    :D

4. joec

joec brace yourself

is all that diesel really good for the turbo? the one gigantic stack has got to rust in short order. it must collect gallons of water.

5. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Re; Rolling coal...EFI Live can Stop that stuff...:D

OTH, it's way more spendy than a so-called chip, it's really a tuner...:p

6. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Well it has to create a lot more soot buildup than normal. Possibly a lot more exhaust temps as well.
    Diesels, especially turbocharged ones, run way lean of peak. That's why adding a tuner to add more fuel can add a lot more power/torque. But the more fuel the more black smoke you are going to start seeing as well.

7. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Also, adding more fuel, depending, can mess with the rail pressure, so if you have a tuner that adds way more fuel, you might consider a lift pump to keep the rail pressure up. And yes your EGT's will go way up, sorta like when you pull a heavy load on a steep up hill.

8. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

rollin coal = term for shitty tune ;)

a properly tuned diesel will have a tad bit on the start but thats it, if its rollin' you need a new tuner. This one kid around town does it every chance he gets whenever there is a big crowd, i simply reminded him that what he's doing is like a civic with a fart can.. :D

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

jt, some of `em are seeking a tune specifically to roll coal.

The Good Lord must love idjits, He made so many of `em...

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler