1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

watch out for squirrels - they might drive you nuts

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

2. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Ages ago I looked at a not-running FJ600. The whole bike was packed with dog food the guy had kept in the garage. The mice had filled the airbox to the rim. My buddy and I actually got it running but the bike was a disaster. We left him with a nasty pile of old dog food and mice stuffing on the floor while the carbs slowly drooled out stale gas. Good times.:D

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I see it pretty regularly, mice nests, corn, nuts etc. in airboxes, clutch covers on automatic atvs. This winter I found a mouse in the carb on a sled ! He got sucked in tail first and got stuck, slide was right on the middle of his back.

4. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

we see it all the time at the shop. squirrels, mice or other critters and or nests. this possum was the best day. still alive and my co-worker screamed like a girl. lol

http://bashny.net/t/en/28356

5. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I bought a used pipe for a two stroke MX bike "back in the day."

Bike refused to run right until it shot a flaming mouse nest through the silencer.

:up:

Still don't quite know how or why it caught on fire, but it was impressive.

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I saw the worst case scenario. A new 1983 Olds Omega actually caught on fire because the air cleaner housing was stuffed full of nuts. The carb and intake manifold looked like melted ice cream oozing over the rest of the block. The car was a total loss.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stepmom had an Omega - not exactly a loss if one burned to the ground :D

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, mental picture..............The mouse, with his ass on fire, did 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

just looked at this job this week..client went on vacation. squirrel some how ended up.locked into their living room for a few days. they have no idea how it got in there.

Attached Files:

10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I am now working "gobsmacked" into my daily vernacular.

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Why did he run a "whole set of tests" without doing the basics first?

Air, fuel, Spark...