1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think I like that better than my first choice.

Sweet timepiece!

2. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

They're very tough to find now. I think they were only sold stateside for a few years. I found it just doing online searches. I guy had one for sale on eBay and I contacted him that way. We emailed multiple times and I purchased it with a "return policy" after inspection. He sent me a sellers remorse email two weeks after I bought it letting me know if I ever want to sell it he'd buy it back. Had all of the original paperwork/box/packagning from when he purchased it at Nordstrom in Chicago.

Just do a search for "TAG Heuer Carrera Titanium / CV2A80.FC6256" and keep your fingers crossed.

DaveK, the other watch is doing fine. I don't wear it very often though. I spoke with my friend Jen the other day at the shop and she mentined to bring it in for a cleaning/polish since there are tiny scratches all over the bezel and case.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

[​IMG]

Showed up yesterday. Hell of a watch for the money.

I hate the jubilee bracelet tho. I've ordered a super oyster to replace it.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The bracelet that comes on that thing is pretty lame, but it's also very comfortable. It grew on me.

Edit: today's March 1st. :D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

There's a white gold Patek Calatrava on Joma right now for $19k. The perfect dress watch.

I had a moment where I actually started trying to justify it... then I threw up in my mouth.

Time to seek help.

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dammit!! :crackup:

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With a Patek or most ultrahigh dollar watch, now way I'd go gray market. I'd go AD and make sure I get the manufacturer's warranty.

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I ain't skeered. :D

No, you're right. I'm told they're actually more negotiable than Rolex at the store too.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Anybody seen this thing in real life? It looks hideous in the photos, but I feel like it's one of those things that may be really cool in living color, so to speak.

http://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-32630405011001.html

It's certainly different, and a good deal on a new Speedmaster.

edit: they have black dial Speedmasters on sale for $3140 also if anyone is in the market.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They're okay in real life. No idea on the movement.

Build quality wise I'd stack Omega up against Rolex.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I prefer omegas to rolex. Both are nice, but omegas are not as much "me too" as rolex are.

I really want a ploprof.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Sheik, good to see you back. :)

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How did you get here? Did you make a wrong turn on the Internet somewhere? :D

Have you found your thread yet? A lot of people were speculating and asking about you.

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Hey dave, good to be back. New baby is finally at point where I can get my old (postwhore, play with cars, workout, massage bovine) life back.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Is it gaudy? I'm worried it's too loud for me. I'm kind of a sleeper-watch guy.

I'm still thinking my first Omega will be a vintage Speedy Pro, but the red was unique enough to pique my interest.

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Got damn, It's the Sheik. :D

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

It all started with a phone call i received from a new york lawyer while i was driving down the hunstville forrest, a few months ago. :D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It has a red face man, it stands out. :D

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It's "forest", muscleman. And while I am at it, shouldn't it be "Sheikh"?

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

its like a zx6r..

it becomes way cooler when you put another r in it. :D