1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Comments???

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Mar 4, 2015.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Once again, the reason this turns bad is because the bleeding hearts step in. If people knew that their options were starve, be shot for trying to steal, or go to work you would be surprised how many would go work. Thos who were shot for stealing or starved would not be any loss at all to society.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Weird how the unemployment rate dropped suddenly when they cut off the years-long unemployment benefits they were handing out.

3. In Your Corner

It also gives them enough money to be comfortable while not occupying their time, leaving them free to break into your house while you're at work.

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Think through this a little more: If you have to stay home from work to keep your out-of-work neighbor from stealing your stuff then who's working?

While we're castigating the "bleeding hearts" lets be honest about who the consumers of government assistance are: Here are some charts.

And many here would argue that unemployment isn't a government handout at all.

5. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

Is circumventing our system of checks and balances of power a plan? I suppose it qualifies, but no statesman would do such a thing. It is more indicative of a lack of leadership. A tantrum. I can't applaud with you. I don't believe that asking entrants into the USA to abide by our laws and regulations to be lunacy or a fringe idea.

That's pretty funny. So, we need to enact programs to keep citizens busy to ensure that they won't commit crimes. Is there any limit to what Nanny should do? I will say that LWNs are consistent in there hatred of personal responsibility and their rush to engineer solutions whereby society covers all bills. Paradise built on control.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Convenient selection:

If we remove SS and Medicare, the percentages lead to a whole different conclusion.

The numbers were selected to make an agenda base case not direct us towards a solution.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Pay citizens not to steal. :crackup:

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

This must be a joke, right?

9. June-yer

True. IMO, a better measure would be to net out SS benefit paid out to that paid in, but that's too deep in the weeds.

The article seems to point a wagging finger at the mortgage interest question. Ah HA! Yeah, it is a sweetener. And so are every form of tax deductions including those for having more children in the household. It is our government's way of promoting activities that it wants to move forward. Picking winners and losers. All men are created equal! And shit.

10. Joe Morris

I realize my opinion isn't popular on this topic. I've grown weary of political games instead of action on immigration. Inaction is action and it's been going on for decades. I'll take an Executive Order at this point since the outcome has long since been decided.

Good grief. I'm guessing you don't think the graduation rate is important either. Think a little June-yer.

11. June-yer

No, I'd say that your opinion on the subject is quite popular and is growing in popularity. Its the "lunatic fringe" that believes that there is a system for changing laws that are not agreeable. EO is a slippery slope! I don't believe that the short lived ejaculate is worth the long term hell of having to live with such a beast.

Sure, I love edukashun. I can't think of a better venue to personal responsibility.

12. Joe Morris

What conclusion is that? Seriously, if you eliminate 72% of receivers then the conversation comes back to Walmart employees (working receivers) and deadbeats (non-working receivers). Isn't that exactly what we're discussing? Only we're discussing the smallest receiver by proportion as though that will solve the problem instead of discussing the other 91%. When the discussion devolves to pinching the 9% in hopes that it will cure the other 91% this isn't a conversation worth having.

13. Joe Morris

I'm far from cheering the EO but since neither side has the guts to fall on the sword then a lame duck President was going to do it. I just didn't know how. The system was paralyzed by politics and had been for decades. Look at the token effort by the GOP has put up to stop it. This was a foregone conclusion.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

BS. You just don't want to shop there because of all the 5' 2", 280 pound women in lime green spandex pants shopping there.

That's why I wear dark glasses when I go into a Walmart. I don't want them to see how wide my eyes are.

By the way, I go in and check out at Walmart in the Garden dept. There is very seldom a line at the register. No lime green pants back there, no sir. :)

15. In Your Corner

So, you create benefits to hand out and then blame Wal-Mart because you want to give their employees benefits? Ridiculous.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Apparently you just don't keep up with what is, or is not, quality today. I'm not sure how you judge quality in fact. A lot of the product at Walmart, or most other big box stores, is made in many foreign countries including China and is just about as good as any other similar product. There is also a lot of product that is made right here in the US.

With regard to Chevy and Taurus, both make some of the best quality products available anywhere. Ya gotta keep up with the times kid. :)

17. Joe Morris

I was hoping you would weigh in. Aren't you on disability?

18. In Your Corner

Yes, and I paid into the system for those benefits for many years.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

There are some other answers concerning that reduction in unemployment rates. One, when the unemployment was stopped many workers simply dropped off the numbers games and are no longer counted. Also, if a person works one day per month and earns up to 20 bucks or so he is no longer counted in the unemployed ranks. There is a hell of a lot of playing with the numbers with the unemployment statistics.

20. Joe Morris

Right. We all pay but we don't all receive. You can obviously type so why don't you get a job typing? Is it because we invented disability handouts so you don't need to? Is that ridiculous?