1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 indy gp

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Looking to head out to the indy gp this year. Need some help planning. We went for the inaugural hurricane, but want to go again. I need recomendations on lodging, after hours hot spots and any other tips.
    Disappointed indy mile is not going to happen :(

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Stay downtown within walking distance to Meridian St. The Westin, The Alexander, The Crowne are all down there. All the bars and restaurants are down there. See you at The Claddagh on Friday night.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The Mile is going to happen, just happens a month before the GP:D

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Might as well not, I ain't flying out twice!

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The Conrad downtown is very nice, but fairly expensive. Usually a few riders (moto2 & 3) staying there.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

I absolutely HATE paying that much for a hotel room but at least at Indy we use it more than one of our races where we're at the track at 6:30am.

The convenience to Meridian and all of the bars and restaurants is worth every penny to me - especially with Evelyne going the last few years. I can walk her home then go back out and play :D

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Marriott's JW hotel downtown is another luxury choice. It's only 3 blocks west of all the action. It's in the $260 range.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They've also got a Fairfield Inn and one of the other Marriott properties in the same block as the JW - Courtyard maybe? Also the Marriott properties on the canal on New York are nice, just a bit further to walk late at night :D

9. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

We ran into Pedrosa Sunday morning at the Westin, FWIW.

The cigar bar up by the circle (Mickey's?) has tables set up on the sidewalk. It's like your own personal parade (with beverage service). :up:

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea, that Fairfield/Hyatt/Marriott complex is one block closer to Meridian, parking is $30 a day there. There's a nice sidewalk bar on the north side of these, right on hwy40.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nothing better than a good Summer Party in Lot 2!~!:beer:

12. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

It's Nicky Blaines.

13. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

We stayed at the Weston one year , with the majority f the Yamaha team.Stayed at the Omni last year and bumped into Rossi.The Ducati guys seem to stay at the Hilton down town.
    Id highly suggest staying downtown and taking in the Monument/Meridan crusie for at least one night.Seems you can always see some cool stuff there - its strange tho, seems the Hd crowd have really come out in big numbers,but,you never see the mat the track for some reason - lol -

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't see a lot of the dragbike or stunter crowd out there either :D

15. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

Don't talk about Dragbikes, I was at the GP! I was also the transportation for a 13 year old watta be racer as well.

If you are in Indy and need anything while town, hit us up.

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Free hotel and booze?

I mean, you did say... :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not talking about actual drag racers - talking about the bikes you see on Meridian Friday and Saturday night :D

18. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

You can find rooms out by the airport for around $60 an night.

20 minutes from the track.

19. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

I know, I was just giving you grief. I haven't started my Hayabusa in a year. Not since that money drain of a kid took all my time.

20. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

one of the reasons you dont see the drag bike crowd is last year they had an event at ORP with the No Hattin Drag Racin' group and ran runs til like 1am...

I do believe that the stunters are a few blocks north. Not sure if the FMX event is still a draw or not. Overall, the entire downtown is cycle heaven...