1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Dates in the North East

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by FASTLIKEJUDY, Feb 8, 2015.

1. FASTLIKEJUDY

FASTLIKEJUDY Member

Friends, My wife and I have vintage TRIUMPH motorcycles and we usually race AHRMA. We are thinking about racing with WERA vintage this year and I have a question I hope someone can answer:

Do the following WERA events have a vintage race day:

1. Summitt 5/9 and 5/10
    2. VIR 8/1 and 8/2
    3. Beaver 9/5 and 9/6

I can't seem to find on the WERA site if these events also have a vintage race.

Thank you.

Ken Rayna and Patricia Kay

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Only the Summit round you mentioned will be vintage.When you check the schedule it will have a "V" at the end of the date to let you know it will have vintage that weekend.I Hope to see you 2 out there,its riddled with cb350's:Dand i Love Ol'Triumphs!!

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Apart from the "newer" classes V7-V8(?) the vintage classes are only run on the Saturday.

4. FASTLIKEJUDY

FASTLIKEJUDY Member

Thank you

Thank you, I did not realize the "v" signified vintage (although seems obvious now).

Ken Rayna and Patricia Kay

5. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Dont forget the two guest rides, race two Wera events with a current other org license. Dont have to buy a wera licence for a couple rounds. Unless that policy changed recently. Otherwise save some cash and come race a few Wera races locally on the cheap. Tell your ahrma buds!

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, I saw the thread title and figured it had to do with dating older women from New York. :)

7. busapilot

busapilot Well-Known Member

Welcome. Summit is such a fun track. I'm still holding on to a prayer a fall Summit will be added or Beaverun will open to vintage...?

8. ringdingding

Better start making plans for Mid Ohio or Roebling.

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Rich, big 10-4 on the "guest" situation, but also don't miss the "New Racer Incentive Program".....its a sticky over in general.

Bring a new rider, they get $75....AND YOU get $75....yeah buddy.:up:

I brought 2 guys to tally last year, but $75 is the max.:D

10. ringdingding

Good deal CY, always thought the guest ride deal would attract some folks. Even if it didnt result in them joining WERA. Have to ask the big M if it has been very effective. When I was a turn coat, trying to run ahrma events, I would still make a couple of WERA at Summit Point rounds with the ahrma license.

11. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

It is VERY nice of WERA to recognize others license.....I don't think AHRMA reciprocates, do they?

Have a look at that new racer incentive program Rich.....I think it works out to be free for them first year, AND you get paid too....with a WERA credit check......and don't forget the loaner transponder too for the new guy......its making it VERY easy to get on track. I wonder what happens then? :rolleyes:

I believe WERA is doing a fantastic thing.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We've done it a long time. Not sure if it results in more WERA members but it does result in more people racing at some events which is good for all of us.

The transponder thing is for brand new racer PN's. Most people running AHRMA have their own.

13. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Practice what you preach!! :Poke:

We SURE missed you at RRR last year!!!

The deal:
    You show me how to drop a second at summit and I'll do the same for you at RRR.

14. ringdingding

After Mid ohio, RRR is the next closest wera vintage race for me, maybe barber. So, it is in the plan this year. Getting time off at work is a problem sometimes. Just looking to try and get four finishes in two or maybe three classes.

I like the deal where you follow me all the way to the finish. :D How are you going to lower your lap times waiting for me anyway?

15. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

In PRACTICE, not the race! lol Haven't been able to stay with you the last 3 times I've been to summit.... close, but still about .5-1 sec pff your laptime. Need to latch onto your tail in practice to learn!

16. busapilot

busapilot Well-Known Member

Mid O is on the schedule. Also trekking to Cycle Jam for the first time.

I'll be the one at the end of the long straight wondering why the new bike (RD) isn't slowing like the old one (CB).

17. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

This is something I never knew-How cool!
    Got me a V7HW bike now- Is there a Grattan round with vintage classes? Hopefully it doesn't land on one of our weekends-I would love to come out.

18. ringdingding

Thats cool, hope to see you at one of those, and ofcourse at Summiy Point. :up:

19. ringdingding

Gene used to say, "practice like you race". With the little bit of track time one gets its best to make good use of it.

Racetimes are what count, and yours always seem to be faster no matter what you were doing in practice.:D

20. ringdingding

North Central Region
    5/2-3 Grattan Raceway Park, Grattan, MI-c,rs,V,

8/22-23 Grattan Raceway, Grattan, MI-cc,DH,rs,

For your class, V7HW, you can run both dates. Sat and Sunday at the Double Header in August. Sunday only in May, with possible 20 lap solos on Sat. Unless I am mistaken, if so, someone will pipe in and set me straight.